cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings are showing on both boxes?

Tortor01
Joining in

I have 2 rooms 

One has a virgin 360 mini (my TiVo box went kaput) 

and the other has a virgin 360

They both are using the same updated software (360) 

I have noticed if I record a programme on the mini it shows in the other room on the 360 box? And viva versa 

Is there a way to keep them both independently? 
mid I record on one box I don’t want it to show in the other room? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is normal behaviour for multiple 360 boxes.

Also bear in mind that, unlike TiVo/V6, the multiroom mini-box doesn't have a hard-drive - all recordings are stored on the master box and the mini streams everything except live TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is normal behaviour for multiple 360 boxes.

Also bear in mind that, unlike TiVo/V6, the multiroom mini-box doesn't have a hard-drive - all recordings are stored on the master box and the mini streams everything except live TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ok, that makes more sense. 

So, there is no way to keep the boxes to have separate recordings? 

i.e What I record on the mini to not show on the other box? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Tortor01 wrote:

i.e What I record on the mini to not show on the other box? 

That's the whole point - mini boxes don't have hard drives.

All your recordings are on your master box, when you set recordings on your mini, you're actually setting them on the master. When you play recordings on the mini, they're playing from the master and being multi-room streamed to the mini.

The mini-box has a 4ish minute buffer for live pausing, but that's it. No hard drive.

It's too late to change now, but this is why I'd always recommend changing a TiVo for a V6 first, because those can be software-flashed to 360. And you'd then have 2 main boxes, each with hard drives and recording tuners. When you swap a TiVo for a 360, you lose the storage on that.

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Tortor01.

We're glad you are enjoying the 360 boxes. Also don't forget we have an FAQ page here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360  that might answer a few questions you might have.

Thanks for your help in resolving this post, japitts. 

Cheers,

Corey c