cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings and catch up not playing

SolentSurfer
On our wavelength

Attempts to play recordings or programmes via apps e.g. ITV Hub returns alert: “The virgin box is offline, or not connecting. Turn it on to watch your recordings”.  However, the box is connected and the Network Diagnostics function in Settings is giving green lines and ticks plus ‘Connection Speed - High’.  Normal channels are playing without problems.  

All the above is true for all 3 boxes. All are connected directly to Virgin Hub not home mesh. Also the diagnostic function on Virgin Media App on iPhone gives same error message ref box offline.

Just spent an hour on call with VM but no solution.  Tech coming Friday but wondering if anyone on here has had the same issue and what was the outcome.  Thanks Tony

2 REPLIES 2

roy247
Community elder

If you are getting this error with any box connected by ethernet cable to the hub I would try resetting the hub but I guess you have probably already tried that.

I assume it has worked.

Thanks roy247.  Connected by WiFi but while all three 360 boxes were rebooted, the VM Hub was not nor was it suggested on the call with VM.

However, despite the diagnostic function indicating an excellent connection and all devices connected to the hub working fine, I rebooted the hub, and voilà! Recordings and catchup now working.

Many thanks