cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings Lost

Rufus57
Up to speed

My recordings are not available to watch. I just get an error message to try later. To make things worse some of my recordings are now only giving me the option to delete even though I haven't watched them yet. And then doesn't even delete them when I do press "delete"! Rebooting hasn't helped. I have only had 360 a few weeks. Is it always going to be this bad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not that it makes a huge difference, but was this a new-install 360, or a V6 conversion?

What is the error message you get? And what's your setup - is this just a master box, or are any minis involved? I ask because they don't have HDD's and just stream from the master - so there's extra things to consider.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not that it makes a huge difference, but was this a new-install 360, or a V6 conversion?

What is the error message you get? And what's your setup - is this just a master box, or are any minis involved? I ask because they don't have HDD's and just stream from the master - so there's extra things to consider.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

• Thanks for your reply. It was a V6 conversion. It is just a sole master box. When I try to delete some not all recordings I get "Sorry we couldn't do this for you. Please try again later." It will let me play a recording I made yesterday but the four or five I made last week it is asking me to delete even though I haven't watched them. And won't even let me delete them.

roy247
Community elder

When you say you rebooted the 360 was this just a power cycle, if it was you could try doing a factory reset, select the option to keep your recordings.

If that doesn't work you could try using the TVGO app to delete them, that has worked for some people but not everyone.

DuncanCorps
Dialled in

This has happened on my TV 360 a couple of times. Power cycling the box sorted it out (doesn't seem to be a "reboot" feature anywhere in the menus). A bit ridiculous that one has to resort to such a brutal act to clear a fault which the OS should be identifying and resolving for itself...

Thanks for your help everyone. When I said "reboot" I simply meant I unplugged at the socket and switched back on. I have sort of fixed it. I dialled 150 and they sent their signal down the line then told me to unplug for 20 seconds and switch the box back on after 10 minutes. Before this I had gone into settings and told the box to delete all recordings. After calling 150 and doing the 10 minute switch off the recordings have finally deleted. Luckily there were only 4 and more luckily the shows are repeated this week so they are in my planned recordings. Here's hoping they record. Thanks again everyone.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Rufus57

Thanks for the post!

Please keep us updated on how you get on.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Some further issues arose. I lost my picture idents on my recordings and apps. Some apps refused to work. So as suggested here, I did the factory reset (keeping my recordings) which has resolved my problems. I noticed this set a couple of my settings back to their default which I had to change back. Had to sign in to my streaming services like Netflix again of course. Now I know what the factory reset does I will be more inclined to use it again if further bugs come along. Perhaps VM should change the name to something less scary. I had assumed with factory reset you would lose everything and have to start again. Bar the little things I had to reset which I mentioned above this was far from the case.

Thank you so much for letting us know @Rufus57 and I am so sorry to hear that you were left feeling a little intimidated by the reset! I am so glad to see that this did help though! 

Please do let us know if you have any further issues at all! 

Thank you.