cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording the radio on 360

delly77
Tuning in

So after 20 something years with sky my lovely dad was persuaded to move over to Virgin by a chap who cold called him, I said he’d be fine with Virgin as I have it and have always found it great, however, what he’s been signed up to is 360 and it is so different to my TiVo that I’m actually struggling to help him with it! 
all he wants to do is record radio programs, which he could do with sky and I can do on TiVo but we are absolutely stumped with this thing! Can anyone tell us what we are doing wrong please? 

6 REPLIES 6

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The 360 software does not currently allow recording of radio. I also used to do this on the TiVo & V6 and miss it and hope it will be added to the 360 functionality again, but I’m not holding my breath.

My setup: VM 360 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

You probably aren't doing anything wrong, the radio stations used to have dedicated channel number the same as TV, now you listen through an app and can't record anymore. That's 360 / Horizon software not Tivo.

Thank you for the reply, he’ll just have to get up and listen to the archers on a Sunday morning instead, at least I can stop searching for it now! 
thanks again 

Sadly at 75 and suffering with advanced Parkinsons explaining ‘apps’ is something that is quite difficult, the whole set up of the 360 is quite trying to be honest, I’ll be glad when he can walk back to sky, thanks for the reply. 

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@delly77 wrote:

Sadly at 75 and suffering with advanced Parkinsons explaining ‘apps’ is something that is quite difficult, the whole set up of the 360 is quite trying to be honest, I’ll be glad when he can walk back to sky, thanks for the reply. 

If he is still in the 14 day cooling off period he can cancel and go back to Sky now.

I appreciate apps may be difficult, but you can get The Archers at anytime on the BBC sounds app on the 360. Using the voice controls you just need to say “BBC Sound app” to bring it up. Unfortunately once in the app BBC Sounds doesn’t support voice controls, yet.

Apps is the way most things are going, even BP and Shell are pushing apps for buying fuel on their forecourts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

davep1628
On our wavelength

It's definitely a huge downgrade from the Tivo box, I too want to be able to select the Radio channel by number and also to be able to record radio shows for later listening. I don't want to have to mess about with multiple catch up apps, that aren't available on the TV360 box anyway (Planet Rock, is my usual channel that I record(ed) from, there's no catchup app for that on the TV360.

Having to navigate through the UI is not good, it takes far too many button presses to get to the radio channel I want, when just 3 would do it before.

Dave