cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording same program on different channels

sharpiemufc
Joining in

I've recently started using my 360 box (not had virgin TV before so not sure what should and shouldn't be possible), and I've been recording a program on 2 separate channels (Comedy Central and Comedy Central Extra). However, when browsing through my recordings to view which episodes I can watch now, they come up as 2 separate programs, and it would be a lot easier if they were together as 1, as otherwise when browsing for an episode I've not watched before, I have to check all through one channels recordings, then all through the others. Is there any way to have them be shared as one group of recordings?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SamoanJoe
Tuning in

If you search for the program (say using voice) all the channels are combined.  It's only the recordings area that shows the channels individually

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi sharpiemufc 

I don't have a 360, but I imagine the recording protocols are pretty similar to the V6 ...

If not, then completely ignore my reply lol.

So ... You could check the recording setting you have: For eg, if you set the Series Link to record 'New & Reruns' it shouldn't record duplicate episodes you want to record regardless of which channel they are broadcast on.

I hope I've helped, but if not then I'm sure someone will be able to in due course.

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sharpiemufc wrote:

I've recently started using my 360 box (not had virgin TV before so not sure what should and shouldn't be possible), and I've been recording a program on 2 separate channels (Comedy Central and Comedy Central Extra). However, when browsing through my recordings to view which episodes I can watch now, they come up as 2 separate programs, and it would be a lot easier if they were together as 1, as otherwise when browsing for an episode I've not watched before, I have to check all through one channels recordings, then all through the others. Is there any way to have them be shared as one group of recordings?

Thanks

Nope, the box has no idea of what it recorded is the same as what was recorded on another channel. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SamoanJoe
Tuning in

If you search for the program (say using voice) all the channels are combined.  It's only the recordings area that shows the channels individually

That's perfect, thank you!

Hi @sharpiemufc,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums.

I can see other members of the community have helped you out here, but please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!