cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording on TV360

martincaddoo
Joining in

I have just had a 'software upgrade'. I used to be able to record seperate programmes on 2 different boxes but now all recording is shown on both boxes.

I have no interest in seeing what my folks record downstairs. 

Is there any way round this as this feels a downgrade. We have been Virgin customers for a long time.

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Martin,

It sounds like you've switched from boxes running the V6 (TIVO) firmware to running 360 firmware (Horizon).

Unfortunately the way the 360 is configured the preset shows all recorded programs regardless of which box they were made on.

If you go to Saved > Recorded > See all > and click on the Recorded tab you will see a drop down with the following options:-

Recorded, Recorded on this Virgin TV box, Planned, and Planned for this Virgin TV box. -    highlighting "Recorded on this Virgin TV box" will just show those programs recorded on that box.

You can make the 360 record programs on predetermined boxes.

When setting up a series link go to Advanced and select which box you want the recording to be made on. It will then be recorded on that box going forward, even if the default recording box is the other one. So all you need to do is reset your series links to record on the box you want them to. Unfortunately to reset the links, you'll need to delete and reset. You can also use the same method to record individual programs rather than series.

When going to Settings > System> Recording Settings you can select each box individually and the interface now lists the percentage used on each box (applies to upgraded V6 boxes as they all have hard drives)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Martin,

It sounds like you've switched from boxes running the V6 (TIVO) firmware to running 360 firmware (Horizon).

Unfortunately the way the 360 is configured the preset shows all recorded programs regardless of which box they were made on.

If you go to Saved > Recorded > See all > and click on the Recorded tab you will see a drop down with the following options:-

Recorded, Recorded on this Virgin TV box, Planned, and Planned for this Virgin TV box. -    highlighting "Recorded on this Virgin TV box" will just show those programs recorded on that box.

You can make the 360 record programs on predetermined boxes.

When setting up a series link go to Advanced and select which box you want the recording to be made on. It will then be recorded on that box going forward, even if the default recording box is the other one. So all you need to do is reset your series links to record on the box you want them to. Unfortunately to reset the links, you'll need to delete and reset. You can also use the same method to record individual programs rather than series.

When going to Settings > System> Recording Settings you can select each box individually and the interface now lists the percentage used on each box (applies to upgraded V6 boxes as they all have hard drives)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@martincaddoo wrote:

I have just had a 'software upgrade'. I used to be able to record seperate programmes on 2 different boxes but now all recording is shown on both boxes.

As per the previous reply, if you have (as it sounds) converted from TiVo/V6 to 360, then this is one example where the software is completely different.

It's a bit like converting from Android to iOS (or vice versa) and finding that many things are done differently, and for every feature gained another is lost.

You're actually better off than a new TV360 install where you only have one recording box and all additional multi-rooms slave from that master box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for that. What a Faff though !

Is there anyway to keep the option for recorded on this virgin box as the default rather than having to filter from the 4 options each time ?

Thanks