cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording on 360 mini box

mckay91
Tuning in

I've only had virgin 360 a few weeks with one mini box. I've only just noticed this and not sure if it has always been like this. Can you set recordings from the mini box or only from the main box? I have just had my main box replaced today as faulty and I'm adamant I was able to record from mini box before. I can still access recordings set from the main box. Just more looking for the reassurance.

19 REPLIES 19

Still no joy after doing the factory resets. Will let me cancel recordings just not letting me start new ones. Spoke to an engineer who was in other day replacing main box and he has said if the resets don't fix problem he will come back and maybe have to change the mini box.

Hi mckay91,

Have you spoke to the original engineer regarding this since the reset didn't fix it? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

No, he is calling me back tomorrow to ask if it's sorted which it isn't.

mgman78
On our wavelength

Same issue here - as it happens I have just swapped out my main box (as the old box fan sounded like a jumbo jet). 

I can access and play recordings from the mini, but literally nothing happens when trying to set up a recording.  Used to work ok. 

Will try resets - if you get an answer please post an update - ta.

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Morning @mckay91

Thanks so much for popping back - I have located your account from here to take a closer look at both your boxes

I can see that the mini was last rebooted around 10 hours ago and the main box was rebooted around 20 hours ago - all signals on both boxes are looking spot on and we're not seeing any box failures at the time of checking. Our systems are saying that both boxes are currently on standby though. 

It's been around 5 days since your Hub was rebooted. 

This is going to sound rather odd but it's just so we have a full picture in order to help - how are you trying to set the recordings via the mini? Have you tried recording from the guide and/or setting up a series link or similar? (Remember, as advised earlier, the main 360 box must be ON in order for the recording to be set)

Can you also confirm you are using the correct 360 remote? You will have been provided with two remotes - they cannot be interchanged between boxes. It might also be worth trying to re-pair the remote to the mini 360 and if that does not work, we would advise a full remote reset. I have supplied a link that will take you through some checks for the issue you are having and at the end, gives full instructions on how to do the reset

360 Remote Issues - Help

Pop back when you can and let us know how you get on. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

I have just had to have my 360 main box replaced due to a fault and now i cannot set recordings on my mini box yet it was working with the old main box.

New main box is Arris on build 4.33. Old mini box is Humax on build 4.34.

What is the fix for this problem as calling 150 i got told it is a known issue and will be fixed sometime (maybe never)

Not very happy about this at all

They couldn't sort it for me but strange this is it fixed itself after about 2 weeks of not working. Wasn't working we went away for a few days then when we got home it started working. Not sure if a software update happened when away and it resolved it. 

Can you advise what hardware and build levels are on your boxes?

My Main box is now an Arris on build 4.33

My original Main box was same as my existing Mini which was Humax on build 4.34.

You get this info from Settings, Info, About.

Wondering if i should request update of new Main to build 4.34.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are two separate threads regarding this where users (including myself) are experiencing the same issue. CS told me it was a known issue, which appears possible now. However, no one will confirm that. I reported this two months ago and was told they won't send an engineer because VM are already working on a fix.

Forum members are investigating the other two reports. My original setup since January were a Humax main and mini box. The ability to record from the mini stopped around May time. This week, my main Humax was replaced for an Arris model due to a fault - the fault is still present.

This is no biggy as everything else works. Like you, I can still stream and manage recordings via the mini - I just can't set a recording from it.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Re-Mini-360-not-recording/td-p/4787630

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Mini-360-not-recording/td-p/4785970

I really cannot understand why this "feature" isn't tested for when any main box is replaced.

Apart from testing the replacement main box, our engineer did not really do any testing from the mini box, just stating it will all work as before - which we now sadly know is not quite true.

Reading everything on Community plus listening to 150 fobbing you off with "it is a known fault", I have no faith anyone is really investigating why this happens and how to fix it.