cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording on 360 mini box

mckay91
Tuning in

I've only had virgin 360 a few weeks with one mini box. I've only just noticed this and not sure if it has always been like this. Can you set recordings from the mini box or only from the main box? I have just had my main box replaced today as faulty and I'm adamant I was able to record from mini box before. I can still access recordings set from the main box. Just more looking for the reassurance.

19 REPLIES 19

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

the mini box has no hard drive so you cannot record onto it, but you can set recordings that will be recorded onto the main box

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

The v360 Mini do not have a hard drive when you start a recording on the Mini it will record it on the main v360 box.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeah that's the issue I'm having. When I press record on mini box nothing happens, but all is fine on main box and I am still able to view my recordings on both boxes. It's not a major issue but just means if I'm lying in bed watching mini box and want to record something I am having to go to other room to main box to set it. 😕

roy247
Community elder

Both boxes need to be set to Fast start or Active start so the mini box can wake up the main box. How are yours set.

Main box has been on eco, I've now changed to fast start, partner sleeping so will check mini box in morning and see how it goes.

Thanks for that.

roy247
Community elder

That should fix it, if not let us know.

Mini box still not responding to record button or selecting the record of option on a programme info page, doesn't even bring up a message or error code. Just doesn't do anything. Maybe resetting all the equipment will do something?

roy247
Community elder

Have you tried resetting yet, you could try first turning the boxes off with the switch on the rear, turn off leave for a minute or two and then turn back on, if that doesn't work try doing a factory reset, it isn't a real factory reset you get the option to keep all your recordings, but will have to sign in to things like netflix if you have them.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mckay91, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having trouble settings recordings on your mini box. As mentioned above, even though the mini box doesn't have a hard drive, the recording action should be sent to the main box. 

As you have already tried setting the mini box to the fast start, the reboot would be the next step. Once you have reset things, make sure you check the settings again to ensure it is still on fast start. 

Please pop back and let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs