cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording on 360 box

creynolds1956
On our wavelength

I’m having problems selecting date to record on my 360 boxes ( I have 2x boxes & a mini).  Each time I try to select a date the box goes back to tv.  I’ve reset all my boxes but problem exists on all of them

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly let's clarify which boxes you have... I'm guessing from the sounds, you've converted 2 x V6 (thus retaining the HDD) and then added an additional mini (without an HDD)?

Once you've confirmed that, can you explain which box(es) you're trying to set recordings on, and what's happening? You've said it "goes back to TV" but what screen are you trying to set a recording from, and how?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @creynolds1956

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that you are having issues on your recordings.

Can you please let us know the answers to the above response by @japitts?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes, I have 2xV6 which i upgraded to 360 and an additional mini box.   I cant be sure but i think the system only records on one of the 360 boxes despite them both having HDD.

Everything worked as normal when trying to look at the. Guide for a specific day going forward.  However over the last few weeks, the only way I can see dates going forward is to us fast forward button rather than using the guide button which displays all available dates.  This is the same on all my boxes now despite rebooting them

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @creynolds1956 

When anywhere in the guide if you hold the speech button and say, 'top' the guide will go to the page with channel 100/101 etc and then you can click on Today and scroll through a list of available dates.

You can also be anywhere in the guide, and click say channel 245 for example and then press the fast forward key and that will scroll 24 hours at a time for each key press.

You can record on either main box, but you need to select which box you want to record on.

When setting up a series link go to advanced and select which box you want the recording to be made on. It will then be recorded on that box going forward, even if the default recording box is the other one. So all you need to do is reset your series links to record on the box you want them to. Unfortunately to reset the links, you'll need to delete and reset. You can also use the same method to record individual programs rather than series.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@creynolds1956 wrote:

Yes, I have 2xV6 which i upgraded to 360 and an additional mini box.   I cant be sure but i think the system only records on one of the 360 boxes despite them both having HDD.

Everything worked as normal when trying to look at the. Guide for a specific day going forward.  However over the last few weeks, the only way I can see dates going forward is to us fast forward button rather than using the guide button which displays all available dates.  This is the same on all my boxes now despite rebooting them

If it's the date drop down you are trying to access when in the guide, you need to press the Home button and it will then highlight Today at the top of the screen and then press OK and you select which date you want to look at.

That’s exactly what it’s stopped doing!  1st press takes me to today.  Press again & it goes back to tv

@creynolds1956 wrote:

That’s exactly what it’s stopped doing!  1st press takes me to today.  Press again & it goes back to tv

If pressing OK when Today is highlighted takes you out of the guide I would try a factory reset, you say you have rebooted the boxes was it just power off and on or a factory reset, if you haven't tried a factory reset you get the option to keep your recordings and is worth trying, if you have had the problem for some time it maybe a hiccup from when you got the 4.36 software update.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @creynolds1956

How are things looking since your post? 

Have you managed to get this resolved as of yet? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Nope.  It’s same on all 3 boxes