cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording on 2 360 boxes

NeilCol
Tuning in

I find it difficult to accept that even though I nominate a 360 box to record through the 'TV Go' app all recordings go on the 2nd one. Hence one is almost full and the second almost empty.

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @NeilCol 

When setting up a series link go to Advanced and select which box you want the recording to be made on. It will then be recorded on that box going forward, even if the default recording box is the other one.

So all you need to do is reset your series links to record on the box you want them to.

Unfortunately to reset the links, you'll need to delete and reset.

You can also use the same method to record individual programs rather than series.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This does assume that both your 360s had a former life as V6 and therefore have retained their hard drives.

If these were new installs, then 360 - by design - has only one master box with a hard drive.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks for this Dave, cracked it

Hi Neil,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, wee are sorry for any frustration caused trying to get answers to your recording issue on your 360 boxes, I can see you have advised this has now been resolved which is great news, so this can help others in the same boat, please can you advise how you resolved this?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul. the best thing I can do is copy the answer that resolved my issue. See below in bold.

When setting up a series link go to Advanced and select which box you want the recording to be made on. It will then be recorded on that box going forward, even if the default recording box is the other one.

So all you need to do is reset your series links to record on the box you want them to.

Unfortunately to reset the links, you'll need to delete and reset.

You can also use the same method to record individual programs rather than series.