cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording indication in standby?

adelphiaUK
Up to speed

Hi all.

Just started to use my new service from Virgin (Ultimate Volt) and I've started to explore the TV 360.

One thing I've noticed is that in standby mode, or indeed even when it's on, there appears to be no indicator on the front of the box to tell you it's recording. Is this correct?

Also, whilst typing this message there is a flashing light on the box, towards the top centre, which has just started showing and reviewing information on this it says no Internet, but it's working fine and I'm able to watch everything available from regular TV to movies to sport and also pure streaming apps like Netflix and Disney.

Has there been an update which flashed by adding this as a recording indicator as I'm currently recording (and watching) the inaugural Saudi GP.

Any tips / advice? Thanks.

These are only my views; I've given them to try and assist but if anyone finds fault with my posting then please let me know.

Please excuse misspellings and anything which may not make sense or offend as the medication I take can sometimes have an adverse effect on me.

Chris (VMO2 Customer)
Ultimate Volt: ACTIVE
TV: Maxit TV
Broadband: Volt V650 Fibre Broadband
Phone: Talk More Anytime
Mobile: O2 Unlimited
12 REPLIES 12

adelphiaUK
Up to speed

Slight mistake. Getting confused with my TV and Virgin 360. The Internet to the V360 is down but not to any other of my devices; server fault apparently.

These are only my views; I've given them to try and assist but if anyone finds fault with my posting then please let me know.

Please excuse misspellings and anything which may not make sense or offend as the medication I take can sometimes have an adverse effect on me.

Chris (VMO2 Customer)

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @adelphiaUK 

The internet on my 360 went off yesterday,  the onscreen error message was virgin-tv-error-codes/cs9993  , and it came back around 2am Monday.

There was a double light flashing whilst this wasn't working.

It prevented me watching the recording of Dr Who and unlike yourself when I tried to watch it using the iPlayer app it didn't work. It suprised me as I didn't think it would affect recordings.

Nothing was showing under Check Service at the top of the page, although this is usually a good indicator of any issues.

Any time you have any issues  look at Check Service Status  and if nothing is showing there you can always  call the Service Status number  0800 561 0061 which often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level. 

On another note it's not very often there is a national outage such as the one that occured on Thursday, as far as I know that's the first one in around 10 years.

Whilst you are getting used to the 360 the following FAQ page may be of use https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-360 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave

I'm always discovering new things some of which are similar to you know who which is where clouds float's Q box.

Managed to get my second box up which was much more straightforward than the main box (because of the outage) and its nice to be able the same profile on each box so not having to punch in the favourites all over again.

I still wish there was some kind of indication to state the box is recording though as 8f there's a programme I really want (like Dr Who) I have to check the box when it's on to make sure it is recording. I would have though this would be straightforward like changing the colour of the LED or make it flash or alternate between two colours or, you get the picture.

Chris (VMO2 Customer)

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @adelphiaUK 

That's a good idea and something I hope is picked up by the Forum Team to pass back to the 360 developers.

Even an onscreen popup to say a program has started recording would be useful, although I guess that would be a pain if watching live sport 🤔

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

...or recording something and it appears on the recording. Now that wouldn't be good!

Chris (VMO2 Customer)

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@adelphiaUK wrote:

...or recording something and it appears on the recording. Now that wouldn't be good!

rolf.gif

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

… or simply trust the box to record what you’ve asked to be recorded. Never let me down.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

I agree with Ernie_C because if you only have 1 light and you have 2 or more recordings set for the same time how would you know they were all being recorded, you would need a light for each tuner the same as the old Tivo box had.

You missed my point but then I suppose you would as I haven't given all the facts!

My point is: I'm on medication which makes me VERY forgetful and it's ME I have to trust, not the box but with some kind of light indication at least I would know it was recording, but not necessarily the correct programme (again, down to me)! 

Chris (VMO2 Customer)