cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording doesn't work, Play back doesn't work, Netflix doesn't work...

AdCar
Tuning in

We're having no end of issues with our Virgin TV

Having recently made the switch from Sky to cut down on our expenditure, we've had Virgin TV installed around 3 weeks ago. Since then, we've been scheduling things to record which either won't replay ("playback not possible - cs2318") or don't record/not show up in our recordings.

Also, whenever we try to watch anything on Netflix, all episodes get a "This title is unavailable, try again later" message. We initially thought it was an issue with Netflix, but trying another account, had no issues at all.

Does anyone have any advice? Called customer service but apparently the people we need to speak to aren't working today - just wondered if there was anything we can try?

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just on the recordings, what's your setup with master & mini-boxes? I ask because only the master box has recording functionality, and the mini does all "recording" over multiroom streaming.

Can you pause live TV on your master box, this is also effectively a recording that also uses the hard drive.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply Japitts

Excuse my naivety, but we have the thicker Virgin box as our master in the lounge because it has the larger capacity and the smaller mini-box in the kitchen. We were watching something in the kitchen yesterday and requested a series link recording from the kitchen thinking it would record on the lounge box but there seems to be no reference to it on the larger "Master" virgin box 

roy247
Community elder

The main box needs to be set to fast start or active start for the mini box to be able to set a recording, if the main box is set to eco start it's a bit like having it turned off at the mains as the mini box can't connect.

Hi @AdCar

Thanks for posting on our community forum and a big warm welcome back.

Are you able to set the box into Fast or Active start as advised above by the very helpful roy247 please? Keep me updated with how you get on.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis,

I've done that but has made exactly no difference whatsoever.

Called yesterday to get it sorted as the call back we were meant to get by Thursday latest, never materialised...

We're now suffering with considerably slower internet speed now, too (getting <100mbps but paying for up to 600mbps) - not impressed with Virgin's service in the slightest

Hey AdCar, thank you for letting me know this and I am sorry to see you are having these TV issues.

I am going to send you a PM to get this looked into.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?