cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording Same Episode broadcast later in the day/week

HydeTDS
On our wavelength

Hi

Does anyone know how to stop the V360 box from recording the same episode of a series broadcast on the same channel where the repeat is often on in the early hours of the morning?

We record everything we want to watch even if it's only 15~30 minutes behind the actual live broadcast, mostly to skip the adverts.  But a good deal of the series we watch are repeated in the early hours on another day and they get recorded too.

Can we stop this?

This issue is not the same as recording both SD & HD versions of the same channel as we record from our own managed channel list that excludes SD versions of the HD channels. Likewise we don't have the +1 channels in our managed channel list either.

TIA.

28 REPLIES 28

ozsat
Superstar

Depends on which programme you are recording - you don't say.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

HydeTDS
On our wavelength

Happens on all channels that broadcast a repeat of the same episode later on in the early hours of the morning.  So not series or channel specific.

roy247
Community elder

Hi HydeTDS,

If it's a series link you may need to delete it and set it up again using the Advanced options, selecting New Only.

Also on a 360 box you don't have both the HD and SD versions of a channel the 360 guide replaces the SD version with the HD version except for channel 4 which is probably the only one now, exceptions being the +1 versions of other channels.

HydeTDS
On our wavelength

Hmm, okay, I'll try next time I see the issue. But I'm pretty sure that New Only is the default under the advanced settings?

roy247
Community elder

Definitely not the default and if you set up your series link's before your box received the 4.39 software update this option wasn't available.

Edited to say you might be thinking of the record from this episode onwards, which is also still available on some channels or programme's but isn't available on others from a quick check across a few channels but the New Only option is available on all. 

HydeTDS
On our wavelength

I certainly have the 4.39 update so I will check when the next occurrence happens and delete that search and reset with the advanced options.

I take it that the 360 box doesn't use the series link data then?

roy247
Community elder

Hi,

Posts crossed there I have just updated my previous post.

If you set your series links before the 4.39 update you would have needed to use the from this episode onwards option in Advanced settings to avoid repeat recordings.

HydeTDS
On our wavelength

Gotcha 😉

HydeTDS
On our wavelength

Found one!

BBC 4 Secrets of Size.....

Episode 2 I've already watched from a recording on Mon 23rd but, it's repeated early tomorrow morning at 00:05 and yet the recording schedule says it'll record this episode.  In addition, when you select Info & Episodes it doesn't list the early hours as a repeat.  In fact, for me the box only lists episodes 1 on the 16th May @ 21:00 and Episode 2 as being today @ 00:05. So it's lost the fact the I've watched episode 2 from the 23rd @ 21:00.

Okay, really odd. Now I've double checked the above the guide no longer shows the repeat @ 00.05?!?!?