cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded programmes freezing

philcarty01
Joining in

Hello, 

Only recently joined virgin and when watching the recorded programmes it seems to freeze in sections for seconds and restarts again. 

Has anyone else had this issue and how can I resolve this? 

Phil

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

If it's only doing this on recordings it sounds like a faulty hard drive, try pausing a live TV programme for a minute or two and then restart, this uses the hard drive, if this freezes and skips then it is looking like a call to Virgin for a replacement box.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I completely concur with @roy247  - when you pause live TV it's also using the hard drive and is effectively a recording.

If that diagnoses an HDD issue, then you can either call to report the fault or hang around here for a few days for the staff team to pick up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Phil,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums! Sorry to hear you've been having problems with your TV service

Everything that both japitts and roy247 have advised is spot on - it does certainly sound like a possible issue with the hard drive, in which case we would need to replace the TV box.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some more details and arrange this with you 🙂

Beth

Beth

Hi Phil, 

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM

I have booked in the next available engineer visit on the system for you so that the box can be looked at and replaced if needed. You can manage your appointment time slot via your My Virgin Media app or account here: virg.in/myVM 

Let us know how the visit goes and if you need help with anything else!

Beth

Beth