cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record this episode when the box is in standby?

moof
Fibre optic

total n00b to Virgin360, literally went live about 30mins ago so I've not played as yet...

took me long enough to get the 360 to recognise the telly 😖 so that I had volume control AND 360 control, like my old V6 setup a few moments before, but I got there in the end.

Firstly PSA: you not only lose your recordings (I accepted that cleaning of house) but you lose ALL your series links! 😡 which ran into the hundreds! so I wasn't best pleased to discover that... still, first world problems 😤

Secondly: when trying to select RECORD from my iPad or Phone, I've discovered that unlike the V6 UI where you could add a recording to a box in standby, the 360 is telling me that it will only add that recording when the box comes back online! 🤔

....this seems like a step backwards VM. The old feature was great for adding shows you fancy while away from the telly and then setting them to record, even when the box was off during the day (because why would I have it on if I'm not watching it)

is this the case?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Re losing series links - well documented on here.

Re unable to set recording from Virgin TV Go app - ensure the TV 360 is set to fast start in the SYSTEM Standby power consumption setting.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Re losing series links - well documented on here.

Re unable to set recording from Virgin TV Go app - ensure the TV 360 is set to fast start in the SYSTEM Standby power consumption setting.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TV360 is completely different to V6, and the loss of series links is well documented.

The TV360 master box needs to be in QuickStart or ActiveStart for remote-based functions to work, in much the same way as V6 won't work in Eco Low-Power and needs "connected low power"

morning, while the loss of series link may be well documented here, I only came looking once they had disappeared (having not planned to upgrade). Not the end of the world, just gotta rebuild all the rubbish we record

I switched from Active Start to Fast Start and I now seem to be able to remote ON the box when I want to add anything (iOS or Droid)

Thanks for the tip!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @moof 

Thanks for the update, that's a move in a  positive direction.

Just for info, it might be an idea to bookmark the following page. It has lot's of help which may be useful in getting to know how the 360 operates.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/virgin-tv-360 

As always if you do need any more help, or have any queestions, just shout. We are happy to try and assist.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

many thanks! 👍  familiarizing myself with that link and various others here in VTV360 forum

its growing on me 🤗  love the speed and the voice controls.

wish you could customise layouts as I really don't want 3/4 screen suggestions in my face over things I actually wanted to watch or have recorded.

or remove all the channels we DON'T subscribe to. Or even scrub in fast fwd and rwd, that was a much better way to jump around

Appreciate change is never easy for us humans and I'm an early TiVo user from the 90's and the HDR110 models (LONG before Virgin picked it up)

so alot of great features gone for me...

....bee bop bee bop bee bop {I'll miss that sound for sure}

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can remove the channels you don’t want by creating a profile. This allows you to choose which channels you want to display and put them in an order which suits you.