cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconditioned TV Box Supplied

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm a Virgin Media customer for over 3 years with Broadband/TV/Phone package.

I recently upgraded the TV to TV 360 on my existing original V6 TV box.

All playback of recordings made after the upgrade were freezing/stuttering - so I suspected a hard drive fault on the V6 box.

A Virgin technician has visited and replaced the V6 box but the replacement wasn't in any product packing and appears to be pre-owned with several cosmetic marks on the case.

My expectation would be I would be supplied with new hardware in the event of any fault.

Virgin Customer support confirm a reconditioned TV box has been supplied not a new box and it can't be replaced unless it is not functional.

After raising a Customer Complaint Virgin Media are going to replace the box but again for a reconditioned unit on the basis it might be better cosmetically than the current one.

Is it official Virgin policy to provide customers with reconditioned hardware, in the event of faults, or should I be entitled to have a new box as part of my contract ?

Many thanks,

Phil.

1 REPLY 1

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

As the boxes are rented by VM to you, VM can supply whatever box they have either new or reconditioned it will depend on the stock levels, earlier this year there was a shortage of boxes due to delay from the manufacture.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks