cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent Problems

JackNorm
Joining in

Hi there,

Recently our virgin tv box has been having a few issues.

After turning it on it says and I’m connected to the right HDMI port, it then says that the virgin box can’t be connected because of ratio size.

Also, whilst scrolling through the guide, it all of a sudden freezes, then it won’t turn off until relentlessly pressing the off button.

I’ve tried turning the box on and off again, unplugging and switching HDMI ports, and all I get is the welcome page with different languages, but I can’t do anything from there.

Has anyone got any advice or had this happen before?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm going to defer some of your queries to other users who have 360 and are more familiar with the software, but...

@JackNorm wrote:

I’ve tried turning the box on and off again, unplugging and switching HDMI ports, and all I get is the welcome page with different languages, but I can’t do anything from there.

Are you saying your box is getting stuck in the reboot loop and not booting up successfully? That's indicative of a fault, if nothing else.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thrice
Superfast

I get the 360 guide freezing from time to time on my formerly V6 boxes. I don't understand why. It unfreezes itself after ten or twenty seconds. It's annoying but not a disaster. Hopefully, a software update will fix it one of these days.

I can't comment on your other issue. It's never happened with either of my boxes.

Hi there,

Yes that’s correct. I’ve turned it off and waited 15 mins, turned it on again and I just get the welcome page. Nothing else. I can’t even do an update as my controller isn’t even making a difference. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi JackNorm,

When my EPG freezes I wiggle the remote a couple of times and try again. This in invariably successful.

As to the ratio size,  have you tried a different HDMI cable?

Have you tried the 360 with a different TV?

What make and model of TV do you have? If it's an older one this may effect the display if you have the wrong resolution selected.

On the 360 you go Settings > Audio & Video and select the HDMI resolution dropdown.

You then have the choice of Automatic, 4K (if your TV is capable), 1080p, 1080i, 720p and 576p.

Try the automatic setting first and see how you get on.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JackNorm

Thanks for your recent post and welcome to the forums! I'm so sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your 360 services recently.

I've been able to locate your account using your forums details and can see that you've been able to speak with the faults team in the meantime who have arranged a replacement box for you following some checks.

Glad this has been arranged for you.

Please drop back if you have any further issues.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide