cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received wrong 360 box?

lisa-marko
On our wavelength

Hi 👋🏻 

I recently upgraded from TiVo to 360 but the only box that I’ve received in my installation package is a mini-box.

I assume this must be an error but I can’t contact customer services via phone or chat because they’re too busy.

Can anyone advise whether this is in fact the mini-box?

TIA

E918F8FF-DAE1-422A-B3D0-0074572748BF.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for all the replies, I’m getting the main box delivered this week, it was a mistake apparently 👍🏻

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

KeithLeonard
Fibre optic

Hi Lisa

It is a Mini Box. To get it changed you will have to phone in or wait a couple of days for a Virgin Staff Member.

Adrian_H
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

Is your existing set up a TiVo and a V6 ?

If yes, then the mini box is a replacement for the TiVo box, the V6 upgrades to 360 via a software update (so you will retain the existing hardware) for this you should have been sent a 360 remote control ?

Adrian Hayes
Virgin Media
---------------------------------------------
I work for Virgin Media but I browse and post on the forums during my spare time.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, it’s an upgrade from TiVo, I received 2 x little virgin remotes

Adrian_H
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

The mini box in your picture will be the replacement box for the TiVo (the older bigger set top box). Your other box will be a V6 box, this will update to 360 via a software update which you need to action yourself. You should have all the instructions for this on the installation guides?

Adrian Hayes
Virgin Media
I work for Virgin Media but I browse and post on the forums during my spare time.

Thanks for the replies,

i only had one box and it was a TiVo so I’m assuming I’ve either been sent the wrong box or I need the main one as well?

Adrian_H
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

Are you 100% sure you just have the one box ? The fact that you've had 2 remotes suggests that you have 2 boxes 

Adrian Hayes
Virgin Media

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lisa-marko wrote:

i only had one box and it was a TiVo so I’m assuming I’ve either been sent the wrong box or I need the main one as well?

That's correct - in TV360 land you need one master box with the hard drive. Any converted V6 becomes a TV360 master.

Your first box is a master, any subsequent ones are minis - so if you've only got one box in your package then that should become a master.

As already advised, either call in or wait for a staffer to respond. That may take a couple of days

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for all the replies, I’m getting the main box delivered this week, it was a mistake apparently 👍🏻