cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: does the 360 mini need coax connection? or just wifi?

inbetweendays
On our wavelength

Hi there

I know this thread hasn't been posted on for a while but thought rather than start a new one.

After years with Sky I have cancelled today and am looking at Virgin as an alternative.

I was as it seems were others surprised that the mini box wasn't wireless having been used to Sky Q for a number of years and its mini box being wireless.

I don't particularly want a load of wires through the house so I wondered if using a wifi extender in the room that I want the mini box in and hard wiring it into that would work?

12 REPLIES 12

I have had the mini box connected to WiFi, without coax since day 1 and it has always worked through channel changes and software updates.

@DinoParry wrote:

I have had the mini box connected to WiFi, without coax since day 1 and it has always worked through channel changes and software updates.

If you go back through this thread you will find many users using the mini box without coax. Thank you for your supporting evidence Dino as I am not in that position as I  have 2 full V6 boxes both connected via coax.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Vip Volt Gig1 with Sky Cinema and Sports UHD
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile

@japitts wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

The lack of a coaxial cable is not a problem if he's not using the mini to watch live broadcasts.

Until there's either

1: A channel change/renumbering, or

2: The box is restarted for whatever reason.

1. If you're not using the mini for watching live TV broadcasts then NIT changes wouldn't be a concern.

2. My V6 reboots fine without the coaxial connection and of course only gets the channels loaded when I reattach the coaxial cable. I assume that the minis work the same way.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection