cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Virgin 360 sucks

Shredder87
On our wavelength

I hate the 360 box over the v6. There is no improvement apart from the remote control voice feature. Here’s why I hate it.

1) Although both boxes will automatically record so much live tv so you can rewind, with the 360 box you lose the ability if you swap from watching a recorded programme to live tv. With the v6 box it would still record.

2) the search function is not as good. Often when search for a series and you choose episodes, it will only show the most recent episodes.  to go back to episode one, you often have to go to BBCi player etc to play it.

3) recording.  This is my biggest bug bear. On the v6 box you had options to record new series only, but not on this one. For example I’m constantly getting repeated episodes of Gogglebox recorded onto my box and it’s filling up with stuff I’ve already watched.

4) the remote - going through batteries almost every 2 weeks as it’s back light comes on every time you touch it. Also it doesn’t always respond.

5) the software is buggy. Sometimes I go to recordings and it’s says no recordings available. Occasionally I try to delete an episode I’ve just watched and it say cannot delete at this time.

also when watching a series episode, as the episode it about to end, it will give you a choice of automatically playing the next episode, however it’s switching over to it before the episode has actually ended, missing the last couple of minutes.

47 REPLIES 47

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Eddiexl5ufo wrote:
Could you supply a replacement V6 box so I can go back to the system that worked.

Also just to add - once you have converted to 360, there is no going back. All new installs have TV360 as a matter of course, unless they're to TV-only.

Any replacement box you get supplied with, will be a 360.

I'm not sure if VM's call script to customers requesting a conversion to 360 includes a disclaimer of "it's a one-way trip", but the best you're likely to get here is to raise a complaint and perhaps have an apology. You won't get a reversion to TiVo/V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Was wondering the same as the above, can I revert back to the TiVo software. V360 really is garbage in comparison, with the only exception being the slightly more modern UI and the cover activation. The features, working processes, buttons on the remote etc is awful, and I find myself getting more irritated by the day!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nibbles wrote:

Was wondering the same as the above, can I revert back to the TiVo software.

The first sentence of the post immediately above yours, that you've replied to, provides the answer to this question.

Conversions to TV360 are entirely voluntary at this time, as they always have been.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes, I realise that - poor choice of words.

It's a shame that the completely different software, that doesn't seem to offer any discernable benefits and requires losing all of your recordings nor allows you to carry over series links etc., should be marketed as an upgrade without an option to not do so.

@Nibbles wrote:

Yes, I realise that - poor choice of words.

It's a shame that the completely different software, that doesn't seem to offer any discernable benefits and requires losing all of your recordings nor allows you to carry over series links etc., should be marketed as an upgrade without an option to not do so.

...where is it "....marketed as an upgrade" ?

Isn't it marketed as an 'update'.......

Everyone will be converted to 360 at some point (TiVo is slowly being phased out with VM) so whether you do it now or when you have to, will make no difference.

Mark280
On our wavelength

I got sucked into the 'do you want to upgrade to our fantastic 360 box' email. The 360 is  awful and the fact they're still continuing with it shows they don't listen to their customers. With them 12 years, the broadband is great, and the TV was good too. Then I got the 'upgrade'. Hoped it would grow on me, but its just terrible.

Hi Mark, thank you joining the thread.

Sorry to hear this feedback - is there any particular reason you are not enjoying the service since the upgrade?

If you are having any issues with it please let us know so we can offer you support to resolve these!

All the best. 

Molly

Have to add my voice to this. The 'upgrade' to 360 was one of the worst IT decisions I ever made.

There is no aspect that is an improvement over the TiVo. Sure, the GUI is nice & shiny, but accessibility is abysmal unless you like talking to machines. Even then it doesn't necessarily find what you asked for - it will present some 5-year-old alternative as though it were this week's episode. There are no dates on anything, so you have no idea unless you happen to remember the precise episode.

It cannot find a show that is not currently broadcasting, to punch in next year's season. When it does find a show, it will record random episodes of it - this week we got the deaf signing version of Grand Designs… for no apparent reason.

It presents shows by season number. No dates anywhere. Great for a show that's been running 20 or 30 years & you have not the faintest clue what season number this year is supposed to be.

The fast-forward function is just 'broken' compared to TiVo. Rather than letting you wait until you can react when you see the show ident then dropping back a few seconds [which you can quickly learn to time your reaction to], it just starts from where you press the button, meaning you have to faff around in increasingly small increments to try hit the resume after the ads.

Apparently TiVo's algorithm is patented. Who'da thunk it. Pay to use the algorithm. Tech companies do this every day.
All in all, I wish I'd never 'upgraded'.

Hi there @Testsujin28, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see you are unhappy with some of the features with the TV 360. The team are aware of similar feedback with the functionality. I would recommend keeping an eye on our blog via this forum. Any future updates to fix and known issues will appear on the blog.

If you have any further feedback, please let us know. We will be happy to pass it on for you.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Dggls
Joining in

Have been patient and hoping for upgrades on this terrible box, doesn't have anywhere near the features the previous boxes had, if I had know would never have "upgraded" until it was on par with V6 box, any idea how long until this thing has the same features, not impressed at all