cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Virgin 360 Sound Problems - Panasonic Soundbar

CJTCam
On our wavelength

Since switching to a Virgin 360 Box I have the same problem of sound synchronization with my Samsung soundbar. The suggested solution to select Dolby Audio - 'Always Convert' or 'Follow Content' does not solve the problem but there is channel variation. Selecting 'Disable' does enable sound synchronization but turns off the Dolby audio and defeats the point of having a Dolby enabled soundbar! Similarly using alternative audio connections such as optical output does not provide the high quality as for eARC. I get the impression that Virgin are aware that their 360 Box does not support Dolby 5.1 through eARC (the best quality) but are not keen to address this?

3 REPLIES 3

CJTCam
On our wavelength

I recently switched to a Virgin 360 box connected to my Samsung TV and Soundbar. There is an audio synchronization problem that varies between TV channels and can only be corrected by setting the Virgin Box Dolby Audio setting the 'Disabled'. This defeats the point of having a quality Dolby soundbar that cannot connect using eARC. There is no problem using my Freeview (aerial) or DVD player. I get the impression that Virgin have been aware of this problem for a long time but are reluctant to address the fault?

CJTCam
On our wavelength

Dear Virgin Media team. It appears your suggestion to contact all the various soundbar manufacturers' to correct the Virgin 360 Box audio synchronization fault deflects from the core problem with Virgin Media equipment and in the year 2021 VM technology does not adequately support Dolby 5.1 audio? This appears to be in contrast to the equipment (and contract) specification and thereby the Trades Descriptions Act? When VM signed me up to an upgrade I was not informed that this widely known fault would not allow Dolby audio function. Why not?

Hi @CJTCam,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your patience. 

This is something we are aware of and currently working on. In the meanwhile I would refer you to this thread as there's some workarounds offered in the meantime. 

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs