cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Virgin 360 Eithernet issues

Asrah24
Tuning in
Hello I am having the same problems as Quidzilla have had one V30 box replaced but still same issues with V360 and the Mini box
14 REPLIES 14

Hello Alex

I have had couple of error messages CS9993 and CS9996.

The light in front of the 360 box is white and red on the two arrows indicator.

Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Asrah24 

Have you followed the help guide for https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs9996  ?

It sounds to me like it may be a faulty ethernet port on the 360 boxes (although seems odd as one has already been swapped out)  since there are no issues using wifi and you've tried different ethernet cables and also connecting directly to the hub4.

As per Ernie_C, if in Modem mode, the only active Ethernet port on the Virgin Media Hub is for connecting your router.

What happens if connect your router to a  different ethernet port on the hub4 and then try the 360 ethernet connection from your router?

You should check all the ethernet ports on the hub4 separately by removing all ethernet cables and then connecting the two ends of the ethernet cable to to the various ports and see if they light up. ie ports 1 and 2, then ports 1 and 3, then ports 1 and 4;  then try the same using ports 2 and 3, and 2 and 4;  and then ports 3 and 4  - if they all pass muster then do the same with your router  ports, also try using different ethernet cables.

Keep the switch out of the testing, you can always swap your mini and master boxes around and connect them directly to the hub 4.

and your router by removing all ethernet cables and then connecting 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @newapollo

I changed the port on the Hub 4 and everything seems to be working fine now, I will monitor for few days to ensure it is stable and report back but it does look promising . Thanks👍

Hi @newapollo

An update, the connection has remained stable with no network issue messages, thanks so much for your help

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Asrah24 

Thanks for the update. That's great news - I hope it stays like that.

My only concern going forward is that old port that you used on the hub 4 sounds like it may be broken, hopefully all the other ports on the hub 4 work correctly.

If you do get any further issues try the other ports but also come back here as a member of the Forum Team may be able to check and advise or arrange if you need a replacement router because all the ports should be working.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali