cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Virgin 360 Eithernet issues

Asrah24
Tuning in
Hello I am having the same problems as Quidzilla have had one V30 box replaced but still same issues with V360 and the Mini box
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @newapollo

I changed the port on the Hub 4 and everything seems to be working fine now, I will monitor for few days to ensure it is stable and report back but it does look promising . Thanks👍

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Better to start your own thread explaining your issues, than add "me too" to someone else's. You'll get better help that way.

With that in mind, what are the problems you're having?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks @japitts , my issue is that both my Virgin 360 and the Mini box disconnect when you connect an ethernet cable, they both work fine with wifi. I am using a third party router so the VM Hub is in modem mode all other connections and devices (30+) work fine. I am on the 1Gbps package and have the Hub 4. I have run the diagnostics when the ethernet does connect shows good signal but as soon as I press the Home Page on the remote it disconnects and says I have a network problem. I have also tried to connect ethernet cable directly from my router to the V360 box and have the same problem.

Grateful for any suggestions. Thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All Ethernet connections must come from your router.

In Modem Mode, the only active Ethernet port on the Virgin Media Hub is for connecting your router.

Are both the TV 360 and the mini TV 360 connected to Ethernet ports on your router?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi Ernie, the mini box is connected directly and the V360 box via an extender linked to the main router. I have tried connecting directly to the router and have the same issue. I have changed the Ethernet cables as well, the Ethernet connects for awhile and the diagnostics is all ticked green with good signal, however once I press the home button on the remote it disconnects. Thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you in a position to, just as a test, remove your router from the equation?

Configure the Hub4 in Router Mode and physically connect both the TV 360 and the Mini TV 360 by Ethernet cable to the Hub4. Does the issue still occur?

Not sure if directly connected to this but I have one of my two boxes connected via a homeplug for ethernet. Recently I noticed a lot of lag with any streaming so I ran the diagnostics and found the connection speed (ethernet) to be poor. Rebooted both the homeplug and the virgin box and got a 'good' connection speed. Took the ethernet cable out and connected via wifi and I get a 'high' connection speed.

Swapped the homeplug but still only get 'good'. I know I used to get high connection speed through the ethernet/homeplug connection.

I cant prove it but I know this has only happened over the past few days which coincides with the latest firmware update

Hi Ernie, I am confident the router is fine as all other 30+ devices connected either wired or wirelessly work fine but agree will test it to remove from the equation. Thanks

Hi archercj, I have had the issue prior to the latest firmware update so suspect there is something else which is the issue. Thanks

Hi Asrah24,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the 360, can you please let me know if you get any error messages at all.

Can you also confirm what colour the light is on the front of the box?

Alex_Rm