cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: V6 upgrade to tv360

MSPerry
Tuning in

Did they say why because I have been advised that it doesn't matter which Hub is used and my Super hub 2 would be fine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

if i was you stick to the hub 2 and forget the 360 by going anything we are having with the 360 don't go there nothing but trouble up to now 9 phone calls to vm and not one of them know what the other departments are doing about it.can't wait till our contract is up

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

mjina
On our wavelength

They said superhub2 was incompatible and required superhub 3 to work with v360, they did give me a technical reason but I have forgotten what it was as it was a while back and did make sense.

Had to ring a few times between various virgin customer services including Indian one who also confirmed superhub 2 and superhub 2ac were both incompatible with v360 as some virgin customer service saying it was and others saying it wasn’t….hmmm. I know.

Anyway I have not upgraded and will wait until virgin gives me a superhub 3 for free before updating my v6 box. ( which is clutching straws even for a loyal customer for over 40 years , been with them since they were Yorkshire Cable! 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you request the 360 upgrade and need a Hub swap you'd get that delivered along with the remotes for the V6 to 360 software change.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

thanks Ben

I'm just reluctant to move from the superhub 2 to the superhub 3 because I heard mixed reports about the superhub 3 mainly bad ones and my superhub is fine. Today I was told tv360 works with superhub 2 but on here not.

That's my dilemma stick or twist because there's no going back to the superhub 2

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Just to point out that if you have a Virgin Media home phone, you'll need to move to a newer Hub at some point over the next few years anyway even if you don't upgrade your TV.

Virgin Media are moving all phone customers over to Hub based phone services by 2025 which isn't possible with your current Hub.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Phone not issue don't use it.

Only interested in the superhub 2 tv360 compatibility to be honest.

if i was you stick to the hub 2 and forget the 360 by going anything we are having with the 360 don't go there nothing but trouble up to now 9 phone calls to vm and not one of them know what the other departments are doing about it.can't wait till our contract is up

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MSPerry, thanks for your post.

I'm sorry as it appears you have been misadvised, the TV360 box is only compatible with Hubs 3 and above.

If you've got a Superhub 2 then the TV360 won't work with this I'm afraid, although Tivos and V6 boxes will. Generally though when the conversion order is processed, you'll get a Hub 3 with this to help as @BenMcr's suggested.

I hope this helps but please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom,

Thanks I have twice been advised today it will as long as I 50M line or above and I have 200M.

Can you provide as reason why? as I was advised on half a dozen occasions doesn't matter about the hardware?  I am connecting it via Ethernet as well.

Shame because i have stuck with the Superhub 2 and declined the Superhub 3 because of so much negative feedback about the 3 and people wanting to go back to the 2.

Mark 🙂

@MSPerry wrote:

Hi Tom,

Thanks I have twice been advised today it will as long as I 50M line or above and I have 200M.

Can you provide as reason why? as I was advised on half a dozen occasions doesn't matter about the hardware?  I am connecting it via Ethernet as well.

Shame because i have stuck with the Superhub 2 and declined the Superhub 3 because of so much negative feedback about the 3 and people wanting to go back to the 2.

Mark 🙂

You have to remember that the posts you see on here from people slamming the Hub 3 as 'pants' is not a true reflection of its performance. People generally come to forums when they have issues so stands to reason you'll see more negative posts than positive ones.

FWIW - I have a Hub 3 and I have no issues with it. WiFi  (I have a teenage son who online games - he never complains) is great as is its connectivity (all my tablets/phones/TVs/gaming consoles connect with no issues). I also get the speeds I pay for too (200Mb on a wired connection).

😉