cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: V6 remote putting in Rf mode

ChrizK
Tuning in

Hi @BenMCR, I understand that the V6 has the ability to use IR and RF.  Can you tell me how to use the 360 remote to switch from RF to IR (and back if needed)?
As you can appreciate, this allows the use of 'all-in-one' type devices.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

ChrizK
Tuning in

Sorry, I don't think my question is clear, and I am unable to edit it.

I would like to enable the actual V6 box to receive IR instead of RF.

It may be that my understanding is incorrect, and what I have read is people wishing to switch the transmission type OF THEIR REMOTES (although it seems a little odd to have the ability to switch an RF control to IR, but I guess there may be a use case!).

If the V6 is enabled for both types, can I see an IR command (pressing a button) acknowledged on the actual V6?  Should I see, for example, the power LED flash? (to help me determine if my remote is actually doing anything ...not the 360 remote!)

roy247
Community elder

You have mentioned both V6 and 360, which one do you have a V6 uses TiVo software and a 360 uses Horizon software, boxes look the same but the remotes are different.

If you have a 360 then you don't need to switch from RF to IR. The 360 remote is RF to the 360 box and IR to the TV and soundbar, the one for all URC7125 seems to be a popular choice as a second remote for the 360 using IR. If your TV has a smart remote you might also be able to pair that to the 360 box.

Ah, I was solely going on the appearance!  I didn't appreciate they were different boxes.

I have a 360 remote and it was only installed last year, I guess I have a 360 box too!!!

Is it IR capable?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Each 360 remote pairs 1 to 1 with the box, it does not use infra-red (IR). This means you can only use one 360 remote with a box and not multiple.

That doesn't prevent you pairing other remotes such as your TV's smart remote (eg LG or Samsung) with the 360. 

You can use some third party remotes such as the OneForAll URC7125 - use the SimpleSet setup process and choose Ziggo manufacturer

Also the Logitech Harmony remote.  You need to set them up as a "Ziggo Mediabox Next" 

You can also control the 360 by using the Virgin TV Go app.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

@ChrizK wrote:

Ah, I was solely going on the appearance!  I didn't appreciate they were different boxes.

I have a 360 remote and it was only installed last year, I guess I have a 360 box too!!!

Is it IR capable?

The 360 box is capable of receiving IR from a third party remote, but the 360 remote only connects to the 360 box by RF. When you pair the remote to your TV and soundbar if you have one it uses IR to command those devices, you can't set the remote or box to be one or the other.