cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: V6 To 360 Upgrade

Pen0lver
Joining in

My upgrade from V6 to 360 worked initially after upgrade process. But when TV switched off I can only get it to work if I reboot the box and the not always. Solutions please.

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Pen0lver,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your TV box since you upgraded it to 360. Would you mind expanding on the issue a little bit for me? What happens when you try to use the box which then causes you to perform a reboot? Does it not turn on? Does an error message appear? etc.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks for responding. It's been fixed now by a very determined technician from VM. He found that I had, understandably (?), switched on the HD/UHD option on the TV. As HD/UHD is delivered by the V6 upgraded box there was a conflict in that each unit was fighting for control of HD/UHD! This explains why we always had some difficulty with the basic V6 box and our TV connection to it.

Others may learn from this experience as did I.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For the benefit of the wider thread, HD/UHD is fully supported by both a V6 (running TiVo software) and a 360 (running Horizon/360) software.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for that, though it wasn't about the V6 and its HD/UHD capability. It was really about my Samsung TV's ability to deliver HD/UHD with no need to press the HD/UHD button on the TV when HD/UHD is being delivered by the V6 box both as a normal V6 and then with the upgrade the additional power of the V360. ith two units attempting to deliver HD/UHD there was conflict until the VM technician switched off the TV HD/UHD button and let the upgraded V6 do the heavy lifting. It was my error in thinking that I should get the TV to do that on its own. Lesson learnt: power to the box! After that lesson, I am more insightful than I was!

Thank you so much for letting us know and for reporting this as it may be helpful to future users. 

Thank you so much again and should you need any further assistance at all please do pop back and we will do all we can to assist.