cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: V6 Box stuck on startup and no replacement boxes available!!

psychochief
On our wavelength

hiya,

im not at all happy with the so called "360 upgrade" the V6 is far superior imho, does anybody here know where i can get a V6 from ?

im looking at sky at the moment if i cant get one, if it aint broke, dont fix it, lol.

cheers.

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@psychochief wrote:

hiya,

im not at all happy with the so called "360 upgrade" the V6 is far superior imho, does anybody here know where i can get a V6 from ?

im looking at sky at the moment if i cant get one, if it aint broke, dont fix it, lol.

cheers.

The thread you have added to is a year old. There is no problem getting replacement boxes now, so if your box develops a fault you should be able to get it replaced. Upgrading to 360 is voluntary, but is a one way street. So once you do upgrade there is no going back, as VMs contract with TiVO will terminate not too far down the road. The upgrade is VMs parent companies decision as they are already operating 360 successfully in the rest of Europe & want to standardise their kit across all their operations.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

And just to add, the OP here had indeed added to a year-old thread with a question that had nothing to do with the original.

So I've moved this post to a new thread in the TV360 section. Otherwise... everything that nodrogd has said.

A conversion from TiVo/V6 to TV360 is voluntary, but is irreversible. Once you have it, you won't get TiVo/V6 back.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @psychochief,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're not entirely happy with the 360 TV service, however, I'm afraid if you've upgraded your box to 360 then you wouldn't be able to downgrade back. May I ask what it is that you don't like about it and/or isn't working properly? We'll then do what we can to assist you further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!