cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Undelete recorded programmes

crazygoog
Dialled in

Can I ask if there has been any developments since on this issue please? Really should be a basic feature this. I cannot believe there is still no way to retrieve an accidentally deleted program.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post moved to a new thread rather than an old one.

But the answer is the same - undelete is not currently available on TV360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Maybe one day there will be an option to undelete but until then you just need to be careful. The worst problem is when you delete an episode from a recorded series it then drops down to the delete option on the episode below rather than on the episode title so you can just press OK to play, not delete, if you delete a one off recording in the saved list it does drop to the next title not the bin, so you can just press OK to play.

Yes, that is really annoying and makes it so easy to delete something by accident. Really it is a basic feature that it beggars belief that isn't available. And no reason given as to why.

crypticc
Fibre optic

Hello, Virgin

My wife and I occasionally get carried away deleting episodes in a series.  E.g. prerecorded MOTD or Saturday Kitchen we no longer need to watch, and then delete one we haven't watched.

Is there any news yet on reinstating this most basic function of a recycle bin?

Thank you,

Chris

----------------------------------------------------------

2020 Tivo-scaling bug (nearly resolved)

Virgin-TV-V6 Video-Output-Settings

Hi there @crypticc

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums. 

We are so sorry but we currently do not have any updates in regards to this feature. I will however pop this feedback on to the relevant teams to be considered going forward. 

Thank you all again.

One thing I have noticed recently - it might even have arrived with the latest 4.42 software update - is that there is now a prompt before irreversibly deleting programmes asking if you are sure you wish to delete. Not a pukka undelete function but a step in the right direction.