cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Undelete recorded programmes

Monline
Just joined

New to Virgin TV and armed with the 360 box.  I accidentally deleted something and have been reading your comments with interest.  I just want to add my own preference that there SHOULD BE an option to recover deleted programmes.  As for the irritation of having to repeat the delete command.  If there was a RECOVERY folder - why would it need to ask you to repeat your delete command.   If anyone at Virgin TV reads these, please allow me to recover a programme deleted in error.

7 REPLIES 7

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Monline

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Unfortunately, once a programme is deleted, you're unable to recover it on the 360 box. 

I'll be sure to pass your feedback onto the relevant team to help us improve. 

If you have any further issues or queries, please just pop another post on this thread. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yeah, we know that TV 360 doesn't give any way back from accidentally deleting something (which I've done more than once when I was mistaken about which programme in a list was selected)... TiVo's "Recently deleted" folder is one of many user-friendly and genuinely-useful features lost in the downgrade.

In user story form;

As a Virgin Media customer who has accidentally deleted something, I want the ability to undelete something (even if that ability is short-lived) so that I can undo a mistake, like I can in many other computer systems.

Just saying "don't accidentally delete things" is not a solution, I'm afraid. What year was it when Windows introduced "Recycle bin", in recognition that people sometimes accidentally delete things? 1995?

Why has this issue not been resolved yet?

After all you can retrieve deleted programmes on the (old) TIVO boxes....

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SteveGroves wrote:

After all you can retrieve deleted programmes on the (old) TIVO boxes....

@SteveGroves 

Responding to a thread that's over a year-old.

But in answer, TiVo/V6 & TV360 are completely different software and have many different features. Undeleting isn't the only thing that TiVo can do but 360 can't. There's also functions that TV360 can perform, that TiVo/V6 can't.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I just accidentally deleted something on my V360. It’s nonsense that can’t be recovered!!! 

Hey StephenT58, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear that a programme has been deleted.

Is there any way you can re-record this or has the program gone?

If so it may be worth checking the catch up apps such as ITV X iPlayer etc. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt that’s a sticking plaster solution compared to what SKY allows ie undelete in a few seconds. It’s an easy software fix for VM if they have the mind to do it. After switching from SKY I was astonished this function was not available. And no I can’t recover or re-record the program I lost ☹️Thanks for your response