cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable To Set Recordings From 360 Mini

gbansal
Tuning in

I’m having the same problem, but the thought of calling VM customer service is too dreadful. So I’m currently putting up with the problem and only recording when my main box is switched on!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you mean that you can only set recordings from the mini when the main box is not in standby, change the main box ‘Standby power consumption’ to ‘Fast start’ in the SYSTEM SETTINGS.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you were replying to my post where I was lied to for almost 14 months, this will be a box fault and/or provisioning issue.

Have you run the automated tests via the My Virgin Media app? If it detects a fault, you should be able to book an engineer and bypass the need to phone.

Don't let VM fob you off for 14 months like they did with me and convince you it'll be fixed with a future firmware update. It won't! And don't let anyone here tell you otherwise, either. 

In my case, I was unaware the mini hadn't been provisioned correctly when 360 was installed in January 2021. This was discovered until the engineer swapped my mini last month. 

Looking back, VM's systems thought my mini had a hard drive, which was causing a conflict. When the engineer replaced my mini and activated it, the account provisioned itself correctly. 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you mean that you can only set recordings from the mini when the main box is not in standby, change the main box ‘Standby power consumption’ to ‘Fast start’ in the SYSTEM SETTINGS.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks! Changing my main box to Fast Start has resolved the problem.