cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Tv360- how to make a series link

keithrose
Tuning in

I upgraded & are awaiting receipt of new remote. I spoke to someone at Virgin who told me that as I was keeping my current TIVO box I WOULDN'T lose any programs that I'd recorded or series links - is this true as it seems to contradict other information?

Regards

Keith

9 REPLIES 9

roy247
Community elder

If you are upgrading a tivo powered V6 to a 360 box you will lose all recordings and series links.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@keithrose 

Better to start a new thread than add to an older one!

Roy has given you the right answer though - it's standard practice with any box-swap to lose all your recordings. And when converting from V6 > 360, you do lose all your series links. They are completely different platforms and data can't be transferred between them.

VM help does cover this, under the heading "Important information"...

360_enjoy recordings.JPG

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That's what I thought, so why this...

keithrose_1-1630437128632.png

Maybe a little better training required?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@keithrose wrote:

Well done keeping those screenshots, and thankyou for posting them. The staff will probably be along to respond in due course, but I will flag this thread via the VIP-channels incase they want to action it sooner.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts wrote:

@keithrose wrote:

Well done keeping those screenshots, and thankyou for posting them. The staff will probably be along to respond in due course, but I will flag this thread via the VIP-channels incase they want to action it sooner.

I would say that judging by the very poor grammar by the VM rep in that screen shot, its more likely a conversation with an Indian call centre VM rep who has no clue as to what or how the 360 box even works.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @keithrose thanks for posting.  

I am sorry for any conflicting or mis-information you received regarding the 360 service.  If you need any help I am more than happy to look into this on your behalf.

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks Lee, updating Box tonight so hopefully all will go well!

Thank you for letting us know @keithrose.

How has it been since updating the box? Is the issue still ongoing?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The update worked fine, so far so good with the 360, I'm sure the picture is slightly improved, particularly on BBC. It also works better with my amp (an old Yamaha) which previously I had to activate with its own control.

The issue I had was with losing previous Tivo recorded programmes, which of course did happen, but found a lot of it on catchup.