cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Trying to cancel contract

Nova1989
Up to speed

I’m trying to cancel my new ultimate volt. The customer service is beyond poor and just can’t be doing with the constant phone calls. I keep getting put through off-shore and then they cut off the phone.

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 1GIG
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can’t cancel your contract via the forum. When calling, have you selected the option for ‘I’m thinking of leaving’ (option 4). This team are usually UK-based. 

I’ve contacted three times today 

-First CS agent cut me off when I said I wanted to leave.

- Second told me it was all done but couldn’t give me a cut off date.

-Third for safe measure as I had not received an email and to then be it wasn’t put through when requested and no record.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone from the Forum team may be able to check if it's been done, but won't be able to cancel the account here. You just need to be careful the time spent waiting here doesn't take you outside of your cooling-off period.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've been correctly advised, sorry to say.

Cancellations & package changes can't be done via the forum. Is it a 14day "cooling off" and back to your previous contract, that you're looking for? Or a 30day notice disconnection?

It sounds like the former, but let's check.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Appreciate the replies - I just want to ensure all is completely cancelled please. 🙏🏻

I would say your quickest way to get confirmation of your cancellation is to phone Virgin at 8am and get through to retensions and tell them you haven't received an email confirmation of your cancellation and is it showing on your account. If they don't have a record get them to process one and send you an email (unfortunately if it's like a confirmation email for account renewal it could take a few hour's), if they do have the cancellation showing ask for an email.

Edited to add, make sure you get an email confirmation.

Hello Nova1989

Sorry to read about your poor experience 

Sadly we are not able to assist on here 

It would be best following the advice given above to get confirmation that your account is due to be disconnected 

Gareth_L