cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TiVo 6 to TV360 downgrade

H4nny
On our wavelength

We were also told the TV360 was the latest TiVo but it just freezes up daily, the sound turns off randomly, it fails to record regularily and it has not (working) search functionality.

24 REPLIES 24

H4nny
On our wavelength

Hi @roy247,

No the recording just disappeared...there one minute and gone an hour or so later - no ! or evidence it ever existed.

Having the box on a timer and having it hard restart every night seems to have solved the freezing up and the sound thing we just live with - missing whatever is on while we restart the 360.

PS Thanks so much for the tip about the 30s skip forward...make watching things much easier - the first positive thing we have had with the 360!

roy247
Community elder

You shouldn't really have a problem with the box freezing and the sound turning off, does the box feel hot when it does this, to me it sounds like the box is faulty and you might need to wait for a forum team member to pick this up which maybe a couple of more days unless you want to try calling 150 again. (Depessing thought)

H4nny
On our wavelength

Thanks @roy247...that's why we had an engineer booked but they phoned the day before and said we would be charged if an engineer came and they couldn't find a fault with the box - so my wife felt pressurised into cancelling...

H4nny
On our wavelength

Also I have had replies from 3 forum team members - Martin_N, Cath_F & Natalie_L and none have said anything helpful..

Natalie_L asked me to check the cables; I replied....have heard nothing more.

Cath_F invented a reply from the support team; I replied....have heard nothing more.

Martin_N asked if we had had a replacement box; I replied...you can guess what happened!

From the lack of help I've had with this - except from yourself at least offering some good advice - it looks like I will just have to miss another days pay and book an engineer...who will then call and try to bully us into cancelling again.

PS @roy247 it looks like me marking your hints on FFW & REW as helpful has "solved" this thread so I'll have to unmark them - sorry.

Thank you for your response @H4nny.

We truly want to best help regarding this TV 360 issue. Just to confirm do you also experience intermittent service with your other VM services? Do you get any error codes at all? Have you tried a hard reboot on your device https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-restart-or-reset-your-box#tab2 to see if the issue persists?
Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs