cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TiVo 6 to TV360 downgrade

H4nny
On our wavelength

We were also told the TV360 was the latest TiVo but it just freezes up daily, the sound turns off randomly, it fails to record regularily and it has not (working) search functionality.

24 REPLIES 24

H4nny
On our wavelength

Given VMs latest innovation - "install the kit yourself" all they have to do is send us the reliable,  usable & useful old T6 boxes or and save themselves, and us,  all this hassle and negative press. 

roy247
Community elder

@H4nny wrote:

The 360 has a new trick... we recorded All Creatures Great & Small last week; it appeared in the list of recordings...until tonight when we wanted to watch it. 

Please tell me how to get rid of this useless downgrade to the T6 and go back?

So was it only All Creatures Great & Small that disappeared or all your recordings, also if it was only ACG&M was it just one episode or a series link of recordings.

H4nny
On our wavelength

It was just one recording...it still says it will record the next one....

roy247
Community elder

If the 360 didn't delete all of your recordings I would assume then that it hadn't actually recorded the episode due to a change on the epg, 360 is very dependant on that, or you accidentally deleted it, you won't be the first person who has done that myself included and with no deleted folder to recover from you don't know if you did or didn't. See how the next episode goes.

H4nny
On our wavelength

We definitely didn't delete it...it was there just a few hours before we wanted to watch it.

Please tell me what the 360 offers overs the T6?

As far as I can see it offers the consumer absolutely nothing and adds bugs.

Things we miss from the T6:

• Intelligent fast forward where it skips back a few seconds to allow for your reaction times when you finish fast forwarding
  • Programme suggestions
  • Info whilst playing a program (see when it was first screened, etc)
  • Skip forward 30 secs

Can the 360 be configured to offer any of these?

PS Don't forget assume just makes an ASS of U & ME.

roy247
Community elder

@H4nny wrote:

Things we miss from the T6:

• Intelligent fast forward where it skips back a few seconds to allow for your reaction times when you finish fast forwarding

That's a TiVo owned feature, you can press the left arrow next to the OK button to go back 10 seconds.

• Programme suggestions
  • Info whilst playing a program (see when it was first screened, etc)
  • Skip forward 30 secs

Press the right arrow next to the OK button to skip forward 30 seconds.

Can the 360 be configured to offer any of these?

PS Don't forget assume just makes an ASS of U & ME.

H4nny
On our wavelength

Thanks Roy - so what you're saying is the 360 is an attempt by VM to save paying TiVo any licencing money?

The info is great but it will take me 10 seconds to find the arrows you mention....small button to FFW then fumble for the left arrow near the top afterwards?  Seriously this is an improvement?

Why can't they just admit defeat and give us a T6?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TiVo is US-owned, TV360 is the UK marketing name for Liberty Global (VM's parent company) in-house SW that is being customised for each country and very much a work-in-progress.

The two platforms are fundamentally different, and anyone choosing to convert from TiVo/V6 > 360 should be aware of that. There are bound to be differences in any such conversion, and the conversion remains voluntary at this time - no-one is forced to migrate.

@H4nny wrote:

Why can't they just admit defeat and give us a T6?

Equally, the voluntary migration which you chose is one-way and irreversible. You can make as many forum posts as you like, but they're not going to get you V6 back. That is well-documented on this forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Hi H4nny,

Thread seems to have digressed from your original post,

@H4nny wrote:

We were also told the TV360 was the latest TiVo but it just freezes up daily, the sound turns off randomly, it fails to record regularily and it has not (working) search functionality.

Are you still having these problems, have you got any more details you can post about the box freezing and the sound turning off, failed recordings from memory have an ! next to them and a reason if it's something like a TV guide change, the only other recordings I have had fail is where the programmes metadata has been wrong, for example the guide has shown episode 7 which has already been recorded but the episode was actually episode 8.

H4nny
On our wavelength

Thanks @japitts, that was a really helpful comment.  It's a shame the sales staff don't have the benefit of your wisdom and are happily telling everyone that the 360 is a TiVo, with all the same functions, just a newer model - that is also well-documented on this forum.

We had a TiVo in a previous home and, after a gap of a few years, took a new package when we moved to our current address and were not given any choice - just told it was the same.

PS See you for the Wasps game?  I'll be in the Huntsman or Crystal - depending on where my mates end up...