cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TiVo 6 to TV360 downgrade

thecodger
Tuning in

Am.totaly fed up with 360 box.Have to keep getting family to sort it out. I just want to get back to the tivo one.I am 84yrs old and so frustrated might consider changing as paying for something I can't manage. I have and still like virgin TV channel's 

10 REPLIES 10

thecodger
Tuning in

Is it possible to revert to tivo box from the new 360 box.I am 84 and found the 360 box is confusing. Fed up with having to get family to sort it out as clicking on wrong button 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Rather than starting multiple threads asking the same question, it's better to keep your posts to one place - they've been merged, but just for a handy reference 😏

Unfortunately, the answer is that no - conversions from TiVo/V6 to 360 are one-way trips and cannot be reverted. This is why I'd always recommend the decision is made after due research and on an informed basis.

That said, what are the issues you're having? Perhaps other 360 users on here can help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Bear in mind that some / many people were not given a choice between TiVo V6 and TV 360 boxes and had the latter foisted on them. I've had my TV 360 for a year and I am very unhappy especially as I was told that I was getting a V6 and could transfer settings, series links, searches etc. from my TiVo to the V6. This is not possible with the incompatible TV 360 box.

Also, @jappits, we are constantly being told by VM staff not to tack onto existing threads and to start a new one as otherwise your query / issue / problem may go unnoticed. 

Félim
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Felim_Doyle wrote:

Also, @jappits, we are constantly being told by VM staff not to tack onto existing threads and to start a new one as otherwise your query / issue / problem may go unnoticed.

The original poster created two separate threads for the same question, which have now been merged.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

OK, understood, but maybe it should be merged with the ongoing debate on the same topic.

Félim
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK

wrote;

@japitts wrote:

Unfortunately, the answer is that no - conversions from TiVo/V6 to 360 are one-way trips and cannot be reverted. This is why I'd always recommend the decision is made after due research and on an informed basis.

I was told clearly, explicitly, unambiguously by a VM representative that TV 360 was still TiVo underneath, so I accepted it as a replacement for my failing TiVo. I'd call that an informed decision... but instead I've lost lots of capability, functionality, user-friendliness, and stability, with no way to regain them (unless someone publishes the API for these things and I can hack something to provide some of the missing functionality).

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DuncanCorps wrote:
I was told clearly, explicitly, unambiguously by a VM representative that TV 360 was still TiVo underneath,

Not that it'll alter things now, but that's CS nonsense of the highest order and (sadly) of no surprise.

If you're confident in that, it's worth a complaint IMO. It won't alter the end result, but that agent needs a word...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi thecodger, thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you're not happy with the 360 TV upgrade - as confirmed above it's not possible to revert back to the old software. Improvements will be made going forwards improving functionality & stability - if you let us know what problems you've had we'll help as best we can in the meantime?

Tom 

Tom, but when, I am still suffering drop out of Video, drop out of sound and awful lipsync. Box has also now been replaced and issues still exist. This has been going on since change to 360. Why can you not replace our box with a V^ and upgrade us when you've resolved the issues?

Assume we will get discounted monthly bills until the issues are resolved? Dolby 5.1 surround sound has been around since the mid 70's widely available since early 90's yet here we are in 2021 and the technical response from Virgin is "Switch it Off" What is the point of buying smart TV, surround sound or sound bars if the only input source available is a Virgin 360 media box !!