cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sound out of sync

davidjill2018
Dialled in

I have been waiting since May last year for a resolution. We know it’s not a hardware issue as the 360 box was working fine before software changed to 360. Non of our equipment has changed. The software only allows delay slider to work in one direction however the sync issue is in the other direction. The only way to watch TV is in PCM 2.0 very 1990’s come on Virgin it’s 2022 ! 

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @davidjill2018 

I've moved your post from the V6 forum to the 360 forum since your sound issues are with the 360 box.

Has your 360 updated to version 4.9 yet?

Hoipefully the answer is yes, if not it should do it in the next week or two.

Mine updated a couple of days ago, others have rebooted the 360 and it's updated.

There has been the following sound changes in version 4.39 which may help.

Go to Settings > Audio & Video > Audio output has been updated and now has the following three options:-

Follow Content
PCM 5.1 (HDMI only)
PCM 2.0
Choose whether you want the audio output to follow the quality of the original content (Dolby Digital where available) or to be converted to PCM 2.0 (stereo) or PCM 5.1 (uncompressed multi channel sound). Using PCM settings may resolve audio sync issues. Netflix will always follow content.

You'll need 'Follow Content' for any bitstream audio like Atmos where it's available on content.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Jaylin567
Tuning in

@davidjill2018 wrote:  mymilestonecard.com

I have been waiting since May last year for a resolution. We know it’s not a hardware issue as the 360 box was working fine before software changed to 360. Non of our equipment has changed. The software only allows delay slider to work in one direction however the sync issue is in the other direction. The only way to watch TV is in PCM 2.0 very 1990’s come on Virgin it’s 2022 ! 

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Audio > Dolby Dolby Digital > Dolby Digital to PCM >

Yes I am aware but my point is, It may fix some of the sync issues, but what is the point of having surround sound w.1 speaker system and Dolby digital etc when all you can get out of the Virgin box is PCM2.0 Switch to download from BBC iplayer etc on TV and life is great apart from the record facility almost pointless having the media box. The old box worked fine apart from its menu system!

Hi @davidjill2018 thanks for your post in the community although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns.

I can see you've created other threads on the same issue - you mention it does help by disabling the Dolby Sound Processing feature that you use, can you confirm if this is till the case please as that should present a fix for you?

Many thanks

Tom_W

its still an issue and the above is not a fix, its a workaround.

Its 2022 and Virgin Media should have resolved their Dolby issues created by their software update.

I am sick of this 360 box and looking to get it removed. Likely will just cancel and use smart TV on broadband

Hi David,

We are sorry to hear you are still facing issues with your surround sound since upgrading to our 360 box, does the same happen when you remove the surround sound and use your TV speakers?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul when I watch programs on TV with direct download without using 360 box all is fine with surround sound. Its only when using 360 box, which was not an issue before it was converted to 360, so assume its a software issue with 360 build

Hi davidjill2018,

Thank you for reaching back out, it sounds like it is an issue with the software, have you checked the Manufacturer website/ forums to see if anyone else has the same issue and has found a fix?

Regards

Paul. 

I do believe Virgin are aware of the issue. I am advised it’s not possible to revert account to pre 360 

As before it was absolutely fine before switching to 360, which is a shame as the functionality of 360 is better than previously. 

if we want to watch a program where the surround sound is important we have resigned to watching it on download on TV rather than through 360 box ☹️