cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sound keeps cutting out for couple of seconds repeatedly throughout all programme watching

PBou
Dialled in

Just bought and installed virgin TV today, have same issue sound drops in and out so unusable 

10 REPLIES 10

PBou
Dialled in

Installed Virgin TV 360 today and sound keeps dropping out. 
Fix appears to need an engineer.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @PBou 

Is your 360 connected directly to the TV or are you using a soundbar as well?

For Sound issues go to Setting > Audio & Video - try setting Dolby Audio to always convert. You can also try different settings such as follow content or disabled

If you are using a sound bar try connecting the 360 to a TV HDMI port without ARC.
If you are connected to a HDMI ARC connector on the TV try connecting to a non ARC HDMI connector, using ARC has been a problem for some people.

Then if you are using  fibre optic straight from the 360 to your sound bar, set Dolby to Follow Content.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Have tried all variations of Dolby Sound and some make it worse with sound echo and duplication. 
There is obviously a technical issue with TV input over Virgin cable. 
These tvs worked great with Sky TV maybe I have to look at going back to Sky

PBou
Dialled in

Not answered problem still there even after...
1. Reset Box
2. Check HDMI cables, tried this using multiple tvs and cables
3. Changed Dolby sound settings

Sound continues to regular randomly cut out and drop, also getting regular sound sync problems

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PBou 

It looks like you're posting the same question across multiple threads, which is (firstly) against the forum guidelines for the (more important) reason that it causes confusion with different people wading in different places. You also added a reply to an old post that had the same symptoms as yourself, but on a completely different box - so wasn't relevant. It's often much better to search for old posts that might help, but then start your own if you need more help.

I think I've managed to capture all your different posts and merge them into this same one, but can you stick to using "reply" in this one thread and it will help others advise you that much easier.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts, ty for posting clarity , I don't use the forum much so hence may not have got it 100 right

but that doesn't fix the issue that the new installation of TV 360 box is left with serious sound problems and no fix.
- Sound drops / cuts every 20-30 secs
- Sound sync gets garbled with often two streams playing out of sync
- or sound just goes off completely

- it appears after reading many similar posts, that the sound sync / dropping problem is widespread, with lots of similar problems across many years on multiple boxes and no real fix 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @PBou 

Can you please clarify is the 360 connected directly to and using the inbuilt  TV sound, or are you using a soundbar etc.

Can you please list the equipment used for your sound and how it's connected.

Also your TV make and model number as that may help us rectify the sound issues.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes 360 connected directly to a near by Samsung TV, using tv sound, connected directly by high quality HDMI cable. 
- swapped HDMI cables including the previous Sky one that worked perfectly
- rebooted TV 360 numerous times
- changed / tried all Dolby options ( which frankly never had a Dolby Digital problem on any other platform)

There is obviously a problem with the TV encoded signal 

Going to need an Virgin Engineer or cancel my Virgin TV order and send this stuff that's not working back.

- Sound cuts out / drops every 20-30 seconds
- Sound desyncs 
- Sound gets duplicated and overlaid with more than one stream
- this problem is on Live, catchup and record and boxsets so product just doesnt work properly

360 connected directly to a near by Samsung TV, using tv sound, connected directly by high quality HDMI cable. 
- swapped HDMI cables including the previous Sky one that worked perfectly
-checked all installation cables for good push fit
- rebooted TV 360 numerous times
- changed / tried all Dolby options all have same problem ( which frankly never had a Dolby Digital problem on any other platform and should work here)

Virgin TV 360 appears a very poor product, never ever had such sound problems from any supplier before (Sky, Netflix, Amazon, BBCI player etc  all good sound)

There is obviously a problem with the TV encoded signal or box or software and other customers seam to have similar problems.