cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sound cutting out for a second repeatedly

Aday2929
Joining in

Hi not quite sure how to put a msg on this thread may have done it wrong , I have massive issues with my sound bar since virgin 360 installed , so my set up goes as follows 

Phillips 65inch Oled model number 65OLED706/12

sony sound bar G700 with separate sound woofer 

all working perfectly fine until virgin 360 installed so since instal sound cuts out randomly between 2min and 1hour gaps between each one , this is affected on virgin tv on Netflix Disney apps on tv or when using Xbox one it’s basically made a £350 sound bar unusable and redundant which I’m not happy about , I have updated my tv which only seemed to make it worse I have seen people say us a hdmi port with out ark well my tv all hdmi are all ark so I can not do that ,there’s seems to be no point trying different hdmi cables as every one has already tried this can someone help rectify this issue please also not sure if other TVs do the same as mine but when swapping between tv speakers and sound bar my picture goes off for a second or two , so this meaning as my sound bar dropps out my picture does too for 2 seconds then comes back with tv speakers then both sound and picture drop back out again when the sound bar reconnects  sooo frustrating this seems to be an issue virgin has had for over a year now with no real solution please help 

6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Aday2929, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear you are having an issue with your sound when connecting a sound bar to the 360. The first thing we do need to check is if you are getting the sound drops when you are connecting directly from your 360 box to your TV via the HDMI cable. 

Please disconnect the sound bar and give this a try. Make sure you reboot the 360 box after disconnecting the sound bar. Do you still see the sound drops?

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Just an update, this seems to have stopped happening for me a few weeks/months ago. I suspect a firmware update must have fixed it, either on the Virgin box or the TV. My TV is a Philips Ambilight 43" smart TV. So it may be worth people checking for firmware updates or contacting the TV manufacturer.

Hi joehayhurst

That's great news to hear 

Its always a tricky thing to diagnose with 3rd party equipment 

Gareth_L

Hi kath thanks for the reply , not 100% what your asking there ? Are you asking if the sound drops out with out the sound bar on ? As you’ve asked if it drops out when the 360 box is connected via hdmi ? I wasn’t aware there is any other way of connection the 360 box to the tv 

the 360 box is connected via hdmi (ark)to the tv 

And the sound bar directly to the tv via hdmi (ark)

I’ve already updated my tv that made things worse 

Sound drop outs only with sound bar turned on , worked perfectly before virgin installed and now affects every mode on the tv virgin Xbox or apps from every ones previous comments all seems to be 360 box related some people getting it when upgrading from v6 box to 360 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response Aday2929,

Welcome back to the community!

Can I ask whether there are sound issues via the TV itself with the new 360 box installed?

Also with regards to the TV box are you able to locate the Sound settings? If so can you advise what they are set on?

Thanks,

Kain