cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Skysports football suddenly pixelated picture breaking up

rajan04
Tuning in

Hi,

I am also having a problem with sky sports football. The picture quality is always slightly distorted.

I have mentioned this to virgin media over the phone and I hope they will be looking into it.

Regards

Rajan

28 REPLIES 28

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Rajan04

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the picture quality on Sky Sports.

I can see you have spoken with the team regarding this and from your other post to us, attempted a new HDMi cable. Does this help at all? 

If not, please do let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks 

Nat

Hi Natalie,

We recently had an engineer visit who is an auditor for the area and he carried out all the necessary changes and amendments to our setup, however the the picture quality is still distorted for live sports, especially football.

We never used to have this issue with the previous v6 box and it is only happening with the new 360 box. The engineer even changed the 360 box to a new one during the visit as the box virgin media sent out was faulty.

Furthermore, we still have an outstanding issue with our Netflix service since we changed our package. I have spoken to virgin media multiple times about his and the last advisor mentioned they would contact us within 5 days but we have still not heard anything further.

Regards

Rajan

Experiencing same problem as everyone else. Was perfectly fine on the v6 box until we changed the package and the box was upgraded to 360.

Happens especially with live football

Thanks for coming back to us rajan04

The picture, is this on the main 360 or the Mini box/both boxes? Have you tried a different HDMI port on the TV and/or different HDMI cable? 

Lastly, the Netflix issue is a known issue. Have you received any emails about it? If not, check junk/spam folders. If nothing there, can you sign in to the online account for me - virg.in/myVM - then on the homepage, there should be a Netflix tile with an activation button in it

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

The picture is on the main 360 box. The virgin media auditor changed the HDMI cable as the initial one provided was faulty and the HDMI ports have been checked and working fine. As mentioned previously the picture issue only seems to be with live football in particular and looks to be an issue which many people are facing as per the initial post from Seals74 in the following discussion. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/HD-Skysports-Bad-Quality-picture/td-p/4796845

Also, as mentioned previously I have spoken to multiple advisors about the Netflix issue. The only emails we received regarding Netflix were an initial email with a link to activate the account and a second email a day later to say the account is suspended, after which the link did not work. Junk/spam folders have been thoroughly and regularly checked. I have also mentioned to all advisors that the Netflix tile is not shown when we sign into the online virgin media account.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ranjan40, 

Thank you for coming back to us 🙂
I am sorry that changing your HDMI did not work, is it only live football that is affected? So do you get the same issues on any other live events such as golf or racing? 

Let us know 🙂
Zoie

Hi Zoie,

It seems to be only live football for us and the new HDMI cable is fine.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming, I have tried to run some diagnostic from our systems, but your box is unreachable, can you please it is switched on so we can check to see if there is anything that could be affecting it?

Also, is your box connected via a wired or wireless connection to your hub?

Zoie