cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sky Sports Not HD

aliburns
On our wavelength

I have the same issue, awful picture quality, bill says Sky Sports HD pack but top corner simply says Sky Sports. No issues with cable, UHD films are UHD as is BT Sport Ultimate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tried this. No good. That said if you have the box set to automatic should it not give the best picture available. Either Virgins box’s are not very good or Sky only give Virgin a poor service 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @aliburns 

Sky Sports don't have a HD dog showing on screen, however the EPG does show HD in the name title.

You might possibly need to change the 360 HDMI resolution settings to either 1080p or 1080i and allow your TV to do any upscaling.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Dazzab72
Joining in

I agree. Absolutely shocking picture 

Tried this. No good. That said if you have the box set to automatic should it not give the best picture available. Either Virgins box’s are not very good or Sky only give Virgin a poor service 

My HDMI was set to auto but tried 4K specifically with no difference so back to Auto. Raised a chat and it was refreshed at the back end. The adverts are very clear and the game footage seems improved, but the studio pundits still look very washed out. I know that doesn't make sense but just how it is.

TouchingCloth
Up to speed

I  along with numerous others have complained that the HD quality from sky sports broadcasts is much lower quality than that of its peers, via the box, freeview or freesat. That said, in recent weeks it appears to be slightly better. Still well below par and not worthy of the title HD. 

I thought this was a rouse by sky to prep us for the release of ultra HD. However this has not been offered yet so I was wrong. I suspect its sky sending virgin a poor grade/low bandwidth feed, but Virgin should be on their case.

Its unlikely to improve to an acceptable level, especially if your TV is over 50inches. I will be looking at returning to Sky, especially as I now live in an area with fibre connection from competitors.

Bottom line is how highly you value your sports. If I was not a sports fan,  I would ditch sky and virgin as they dont offer the the amount of 4k, HDR, atmos content I get from netflix for a hell of a lot less. Even as a sports fan it's a likely option as I can watch highlights. The £100 plus a month I'm paying will probably need to be switch to my energy supplier rather than tv supplier. Somthing both Virgin and Sky should probably consider as the country is crippled by inflation. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TouchingCloth wrote:

I suspect its sky sending virgin a poor grade/low bandwidth feed, but Virgin should be on their case.

You suspect incorrectly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

aliburns
On our wavelength

So the game tonight is over. Game much better after the Virgin end reset, can't complain about quality, Arsenal shirts a proper yellow now. The odd thing is the Patrick Vieira interview proper HD but the pundits pale and blue and washed out.

Thanks, how did you contact virgin to get the backend reset? 

aliburns
On our wavelength

Through the chat facility tucked away somewhere in the help.