cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sky Sports HD

Matthew14
Joining in

I have joined this forum just to moan about the picture quality on the Sky Sports channels. It turns out that my 'Bigger Bundle + Sports'  includes BT Sports in HD, but Sky Sports only in SD, and so I have to pay an additional £7 per month for Sky Sports in HD. Is that right?

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved your post to a new thread, it's got nothing to do with the existing thread you'd added to 😉

In answer to your question - this is correct. Sky Sports is only in SD "as standard", and unless you have one of the "Ultimate Oomph", "Ultimate Volt" or "Ultimate Mega" (the last one's made up) which include numerous premium add-ons, then Sky Sports HD is indeed an extra £7/month.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Matthew14

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the picture quality on Sky Sports channels. Just to confirm, Sky Sports HD will cost an additional £7 per month. I'm sorry for any disappointment caused. Sky Sports channels come in standard definition unless you are an Ultimate Oomph! or Volt customer. If you wish to upgrade your package to receive Sky Sports in HD, please call 150 / 0345 454 1111.

Kind regards,

Serena