cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Setting up TV Channels error on master box

Jubarju
Tuning in

I’m glad I found this, I am having exactly the same issue! Mini box added and now I can’t access any sky sports paid for channels on the main box, still can on the mini. Logged the issue 2 days ago was told it would be fixed within 48 hours and it’s still the same. Virgin is this a known issue?

9 REPLIES 9

kteirvine
Dialled in

@Jubarju

I contacted Virgin through WhatsApp and they responded immediately. They did something from their end to link the upgrade info to the master box. The minibox could already access these channels. They said it could take anywhere between 10 minutes to 10 hours to take effect, but it was all sorted in around 5 minutes. Have you powered your master box off and on? I disconnected the box from the power for 30 seconds, then powered it back on and the channels were all accessible. 

Hi, thanks so much for responding, I’ve just tried rebooting it again and nothing. So strange we both had the same issue.

They said on Tuesday that it would be fixed within 48 hours, after being in the phone for a while they said it had to go to another team, but that was Tuesday afternoon and it’s not yet resolved. I’ve tried WhatsApp tonight but it says it doesn’t have capacity to take any more technical faults so will try in the morning. Glad you got it resolved , fingers crossed mine is soon!

Seems to be a general issue as I've not been able to access the Virgin UHD channel since Tuesday. All other channels were added fine 

On the phone to them again, in fact it’s all the channels added to my new package, all kids, movies and sky sports. 30 minutes later and still not fixed, engineer coming tomorrow. 

@Jubaru

Well that's a real pain. This kind of thing should be able to get fixed by them remotely. Just remembered that prior to reporting my issue I had read that there could be an issue if the serial number on the box didn't match what Virgin was showing on the system. Neither of mine did so I took a note of the real serial numbers and when I reported the non-activation of the channels on my master box I told them about this too. They took a note of the correct numbers and after our discussion my channels appeared. Just mentioning it in case it has any bearing on your issue. 

Thanks that’s really helpful, what’s so annoying is they were eking initially and actually the movies were not new on the package, so all a bit of a mystery!

Update, lovely man called, said somebody had forgotten to add the channels (🤦🏼‍♀️) he added them and all sorted!!

@Jubarju

Fantastic! Enjoy your weekend viewing 👀📺😺

Hi Jubarju,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've had with your TV service. 

I'm glad to hear this is now resolved for you. 

^Martin