cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SUBTITLES

psychochief
On our wavelength

it wasn't voluntary with me, my V6 box was playing up and the technician swapped it out for a 360 box, i didn't ask for it.

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've split this post into a new thread to avoid hijacking the other one anymore.

The V6 & 360 are the same physical box, but if your V6 was swapped for a TV360 model under the faults process... then I'd have expected one of the account-based error codes to result when you tried to run it, and the outcome to be that VM would swap that box back to a V6.

If it installed and ran TV360 without error, then your account was also swapped over and there must be more to this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

the engineer was surprised that it was running as a 360 'out of the box' at the end of the day i just want a V6 box but i cant get one, id pay for it but apparently the V6s are only on the engineers vans, any ideas ?

looks like its back to sky for me, i dont want to but i hate the 360.

id ring virgin if it wasn't for the awful Indian call centers, ive had a couple of strokes and i cant understand them, its terrible that i cant do all this online by email or whatever. cheers, take care.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Could you explain the course of events here then... from (I presume) reporting a fault with your V6, to posting on this forum now...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @psychochief,

Thank you for coming back to us about your experience with the TV 360 box. I do apologise that you're unhappy with your next package addition.

Have you been able to take a look at our TV 360 Help page to see if this can help with some issues you've been experiencing as my colleague suggested?

The options to delete recordings has changed, so the removal of a show is much more permanent. Sorry if you're unhappy about this option.

Please let us know how you're getting on after taking a look at our help page and if you need any more assistance after this.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hiya Pauline,

how can i get a new V6 box is all i want, ive had it with the 360 im afraid, looks like im off to sky, (sorry about the swearing lol)

cheers.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@psychochief 

If you want to get help on here, keeping to one thread and answering previous questions would really help.

Can you explain, as per a reply in this (now merged) thread, how you came to move from V6 to 360?

hiya,

ive already said, i had a fault on the V6, the engineer came and swapped it out for a box that was already updated to 360, i didn't ask for it.

im just going round in circles here, its ridiculous. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post-2 of this combined thread summarises the thoughts I've had, and those remain so.

If a box with TV360 software was installed on an account setup for TiVo/V6, error codes would have resulted. Did they? And did you report either. A) The error codes, or B) Your suspicions re the cause of those errors?

The scenario you're describing has been heard of on here before. But the scenario I've described above was played out, and the "360" box was replaced with a V6 box.

So there's something missing here, from what you're explaining.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just for clarification, the original thread <<< here >>>   seems to indicate that the OP actively sought a regrade to the 360 box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali