cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Picture flickering

Portal1977
Joining in

I got the same problem only flickers on the one box  other inputs are fine it's worse when I first turn it on changes hdmi cable and slot.. This is the 3rd box 

11 REPLIES 11

wellyz
Tuning in

I've still got the flickering after a couple of engineer visits and replacement boxes. Doesn't seem to be resolvable

roy247
Community elder

Hi Portal1977 and wellyz,

If you have 2 360 boxes do you get the same problem on both TV's, if you don't you can try swapping the boxes between the TV's and see if the problem goes with the box or stay's with the TV.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @wellyz

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Are you able to try the above tip from the very helpful roy247 please? Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Could be numerous reasons for this;

1. Faulty HDMI cable
  2. HDMI connections not secured correctly
  3. Faulty HDMI input on the TV
  4. Tried a different TV to replicate the problem?
  5. HDMI cable not to specification?

The problem did persist even when we swapped the boxes when the first engineer came. Not to mention the "main box" is considerably noisier than the second box so even if it did work its not suitable for a bedroom environment

1.Faulty HDMI cable

Used the one supplied with the box and a second cable with the replacement box, still flickers.

2.HDMI connections not secured correctly

They're secure.

3. Faulty HDMI input on the TV

Moved inputs and still flickers, no other input device behaves like this including the SkyQ box this virgin TV replaced.

4. Tried a different TV to replicate the problem?

It doesn't flicker on the bedroom TV as tested when we switched the boxes round. 

5. HDMI cable not to specification?

I bought a certified 4k cable to test this and the problem is still there. 

Is an annoying flicker whereby news presenters clothes appear to pulse or the green scenery in the background is fading up and down in a strobe effect. The screen or picture don't actually disappear then reappear 

Hi Wellyz, 

Sorry to hear of these issues with your TV360 box and TV set up! Thank you for all of the additional information. 

Do you know if the box you are having issues with is a TV360 Box or a TV360 mini box? 

All the best. 

Molly

I get this as well on my main box and my mini box on 2 different TVs, it fluctuates in severity and is usually visible on the green of a football pitch especially on the highly compressed sky HD football feeds. I've just resigned myself to putting up with it until I'm out of contract in September and then I think I'll be returning to sky for UHD sports coverage in HDR.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Koolmacher,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing this ongoing issue as well! 

Can you tell us if you've been able to carry out the previously outlined checks on this thread? If so, did they help? Are you able to attach an image of what your picture issues look like? We'll be more than happy to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs