cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mini 360 not recording

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BeerT1 wrote:

Hi. I have a main 360 and two 360's mini. The main 360 will record and playback with no issues. I can view recorded programs which have been recorded on the main unit on both 360's, but if I try to record from either of the 360's the light on the box flicks to indicate that it has received a signal from the handset but nothing appears on the screen.

I have also tried to record from the program menu and again nothing happens.

I have rebooted all units and the wifi hub, I have put all units in fast start and carried out a factory reset on each one. All three units are connected by Ethernet to the hub.... any further actions I can take would be greatly appreciated!

I have the same issue. It's impossible to set recordings from my mini. It used to work and stopped about 2 months ago. I reported this to customer services and they advised me Virgin are aware of the issue and working to fix it - it appears to only affect a few users. The problem is present via ethernet and Wi-Fi.

I personally believe it's a bug related to when the record command is sent from the mini over the network.

23 REPLIES 23

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous 

1: When you say "the problem is present over Ethernet & WiFi", can you clarify? I presume you're referring to how your 2 boxes are connected to your homehub, but which way around? Is the master over ethernet and the mini on WiFi, or the other way around? What's the wireless signal strength reported as?

2: You've not said, so I'll ask - are both boxes set to Active Start or Fast Start?

3: Which SW build are your boxes running?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Both boxes are running V4.33. Main box by Ethernet and mini by Wi-Fi. It’s been set up that way since January and I was able to record from the mini until around May. Wi-Fi signal at 93% to the mini. 

I’ve reset Wi-Fi and both boxes, swapped remotes and tested the mini via Ethernet. Both boxes have always been set to Fast Start. 

Customer service advised me in July this was a known issue. 

I have an engineer visit booked for Thursday as my main box died yesterday 🪦 so will see if he knows. 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 78luap

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of this happening. Can I ask, what actually happens when you attempt the recording?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s the same as the OP reported. No matter which method you try, you simply can’t set recordings from the mini. Setting from the main box is fine. 

The remote flashes, which shows the command has been sent, but nothing happens on the box - impossible to set recordings using the red record button or from the programme info page. The standby light on the box flashes.

Have I been informed incorrectly by CS that this is a known issue? your questions indicate not. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your post was moved to a new thread, so @Anonymous  is the OP in this thread 😉

@Anonymous wrote:

The remote flashes, which shows the command has been sent, but nothing happens on the box - impossible to set recordings using the red record button or from the programme info page. The standby light on the box flashes.

On which box is the standby light flashing? The mini where I think you're trying to set recordings, or the master where they should be set?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

The light flashes on the mini, showing the command has been received. It’s strange how this all worked and then stopped around May time.

The adviser I spoke to told me the team were aware and I just needed to wait. I haven’t been too phased by this as I can still stream recordings to the box so it’s no biggy.

Are you able to confirm if this is a known issue?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @78luap

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Sorry to hear that you are also experiencing issues with your mini box not recording.

I'd like to take a look at your account and see what we can do about this. I will send you a private message now for the details required 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Serena_C 

Looks like the OP with this problem, has deleted their forum account.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ah yes, thanks for pointing this out to me @japitts! 🙂

Apologies for the double post.

Best wishes,

Serena