cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Internet Double Arrow Flashing

iantos
On our wavelength

Since upgrading my V6 box to 360 I have had more error codes and spam email than I ever had before the upgrade.

This one today is really annoying. It prevents me accessing recordings where I have more than one episode recorded.

Also the option to access all episodes of a series generates the code.

I have complained to  many different call centres including an an email to the chief executive office.

I’ll leave it to all members to guess how much response I received.

If I wasn’t locked into a contract then I would leave, although not sure if BT or Sky would be any better.

Lets face it, as long as we keep paying they couldn’t care less about customer service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi iantos,

Sorry to see your continued problems.

All of the above error numbers that you've listed can be caused by a temporary internet service interruption.

As indicated by @Tom_F  there was a wider area issue recently with broadband however that has since been deemed to be resolved.

CS3300 CS6600 are both service temporarily unavailable errors - these would occur if the internet was affected.

CS2401 appears when the apps are currently not available-  again internet connection issues.

Errors CS9993 and CS9994 are displayed when attempting to access Replay/Boxsets & Movies or Apps when the VM Hub is offline or Ethernet / Wi-Fi connection is not present. 

I would call the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061 which often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level, and if the wider area broadband issue has reared it's ugly head again it would be listed on there.

Check the power and RF connections to your VM Hub are snug and tight, and ensure the white co-axial cable and ethernet cable (if applicable) are securely connected.  If your 360 box(es) are connected over Wi-Fi, reconnect the box to Wi-Fi network from the “Network Settings” menu.

The other CS5600 error occurs while receiving a channel. Try to play another channel and check if the problem also exists with other channels. If the problem only occurs when playing one channel, try playing the channel again later.

If you are also having separate internet issues it would be a good idea to post your internet stats in the /Networking-and-WiFi Forum 

Explain the internet issues, how the devices are connected, whether it's just wired or also wireless devices affected, and the learned guru's will be able to interpret and hopefully solve the problems.

Instructions of what to do in the below spoiler tab.

Spoiler

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.

Don't login, instead below there click on Check Router Status

From the Router Status” page copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. 

You could also set up a BQM monitor  at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you can post the link straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi iantos, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've had an issue with your TV service since upgrading to 360. 

What error message are you getting specifically? I understand that there was a wider area issue recently with broadband however that has since been deemed to be resolved. Are you still having problems with your broadband as well? 

Tom 

iantos
On our wavelength

I have had a lot of different error codes.

CS3300, CS2401, CS9994, CS5600, CS6600, CS9993.

the last one is the most recent and coincided with the Internet Double Arrow Flashing. This problem has now gone away.

A separate issue concerning Netflix and other streaming services is still a problem and also a connectivity issue with my Soundbar.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How is your 360 connected to your homehub? That provides the connectivity for the internet and all your online functions.

If it's wireless, have you checked the connection quality under Settings > Network > Diagnostics?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi iantos,

Sorry to see your continued problems.

All of the above error numbers that you've listed can be caused by a temporary internet service interruption.

As indicated by @Tom_F  there was a wider area issue recently with broadband however that has since been deemed to be resolved.

CS3300 CS6600 are both service temporarily unavailable errors - these would occur if the internet was affected.

CS2401 appears when the apps are currently not available-  again internet connection issues.

Errors CS9993 and CS9994 are displayed when attempting to access Replay/Boxsets & Movies or Apps when the VM Hub is offline or Ethernet / Wi-Fi connection is not present. 

I would call the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061 which often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level, and if the wider area broadband issue has reared it's ugly head again it would be listed on there.

Check the power and RF connections to your VM Hub are snug and tight, and ensure the white co-axial cable and ethernet cable (if applicable) are securely connected.  If your 360 box(es) are connected over Wi-Fi, reconnect the box to Wi-Fi network from the “Network Settings” menu.

The other CS5600 error occurs while receiving a channel. Try to play another channel and check if the problem also exists with other channels. If the problem only occurs when playing one channel, try playing the channel again later.

If you are also having separate internet issues it would be a good idea to post your internet stats in the /Networking-and-WiFi Forum 

Explain the internet issues, how the devices are connected, whether it's just wired or also wireless devices affected, and the learned guru's will be able to interpret and hopefully solve the problems.

Instructions of what to do in the below spoiler tab.

Spoiler

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.

Don't login, instead below there click on Check Router Status

From the Router Status” page copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. 

You could also set up a BQM monitor  at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you can post the link straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you for that information iantos.

Have you been able to check out the advice provided by the other users?

^Martin

iantos
On our wavelength

Yes, apart from the “spoiler” which I will look at when I have more time.

On the positive side most of the issues have resolved themselves, apart from the Netflix issue (drops out regularly) and the Soundbar  compatibility issue for which I have a workaround (VM Engineer suggestion).