cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I have just added sky sports but it is not in HD

pavmas
Dialled in

It's sky themselves that do this and I don't think Virgin has any control over the quality, Myself its totally unwatchable, When I took the box I was told it upscales everything to HD quality. I am blind in the right eye and have bad sight in other and it strains me to watch, I now listen to games on Alexa or watch through the sky app on my PC I am paying £124.50 monthly for TV I can not watch, the box turns off itself in the middle of Bt games. My contract ran out in Sep, and I said to Virgin I could not see the games and they would not upgrade me to HD free, on Friday I gave 30 days notice for TV after I made plans to watch the Celtic V Rangers game at my son's house so I can actually see the game this New Year, on Monday I will do the same for BB, You know what annoys me most, they have a new 360 box with voice activation and they never even told me,  I got a message saying my BB will be £72now as I no longer have TV, I will put a picture of the wired connection to my PC. I upgrade over a year ago as I was only getting 10 mb with 650mb package so went for the 1 gig package and had to pay £40 delivery. I phoned twice as well and they just were not interested. There loss, never missed a payment in over10 years speed speed.pngdown2.png

7 REPLIES 7

pavmas
Dialled in

They are checking the picture, so I will tell you I pay for 1gig and have 8mb wired connection, I changed to the 1 gig as my grandson moaned about having to stand next to the box to get a signal, I am 15 feet from the box an Alexa constantly says, sorry I cannot get a connection. And why I decided enough was enough, I pay virgin £26 for a phone (last payment Dec 1st) then I pay the  2 sims next day all by DD the next day the Tv BB £124.50, I got a call from a Pakistani call centre demanding I pay £19 or something, my phone would be cut off etc, as I had not paid and have to pay now by bank card, now I can't see and never give my bank details over the phone, I thought it was a conman, Virgin Mobile never collected the DD and tried to blame me despite them taking the payment for the other 2 either side of this, The treatment and the way I was spoken to was a disgrace, My sons went nuts as they set up everything by DD as I lost a lot of money this way before I explained that I could not use my cards because of my sight but ended up doing it anyway as our grandaughter has a sim and my wife the other and they keep in contact with each other daily. I have  paid by DD for over 10 years and never missed a payment, they took payment either side, yet did not consider it was them at fault before demanding money, which is totally unacceptable in anyone's book, 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pavmas 

I've moved your posts to a new thread, you seem to have different issues to that of the post you added to.

I can't quite fathom what your specific issues are, but...

Your contract doesn't specify "Sky Sports HD pack" which is what you'd have if you paid for access to the HD versions. It's true that your box will upscale SD channels to HD if you have 1080 output selected, but it doesn't alter an SD channel being 576 resolution in the first place.

Live TV doesn't use the Internet, so your comments about broadband and/or WiFi issues won't have any bearing on broadcast TV channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I did not specify  Sky Sports HD pack because I had HD sports pack before and was told this new box upscaled it to HD. So you had no right moving it as the person had the same complaint as me that sky sports is unwatchable. That is what they are telling people and we are left with dearer packages and lower picture quality after saying we would get HD quality from the new dear box that cost us more, they stated that we actually save £7.99 because we get HD quality for nothing, so can you put this post back where I posted it below the guy complaining about Sky Sports being unwatchable, Please.

My box is set at 1080 output and I have a 55 inch 4k ultra tv, I am not the only one complaining, had a look at the forum they have scaled down the SD picture to the quality you used to get on Setanta. What you are saying here and what we are been told on the phone to sign are 2 different things, look at the guy who is waiting on the mobile, first the delays then the final excuse that it was delivered, the same lies I was told 2 years ago, now he will be told he has to re-order and its, not in stock, the fact remains I was charged £124.50 for a TV BB package and told I would get Sky in HD quality and I never, that's a lie pure and simple. and you know what makes it worse, you that work for virgin know we are getting very poor picture quality and making excuses.

Of course, the internet has a bearing on the TV, I stated in the post that the picture was that bad in Sky I have to watch using the SKy app to get a decent picture, then the one Gig BB I pay for gives me 8 mb then sky starts buffering on the PC, It all one package at £124.50 and all the complains I had with BB and TV are connected as I am having to use different parts of my package to try and watch a game. I know what I am talking about as I have had to deal with it and you are just reading it

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Broadcast TV channels don't use the internet.

If you disconnect your TV box from the internet, your live channels will still work.

The internet connection is used for OnDemand, streaming & various updates.

I'll leave the rest of your post for others (or more likely, the staff team) to pickup.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @pavmas,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I can see you have been getting advice and help from our VIP's, they are very wise with these questions 🙂

Are all channels not HD? Did you check to see if there was any area issues that could be causing the TV quality? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide