cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I turn off parental controls

rik321
On our wavelength

Watching this thread. I have the same question on a VM 360 box?

Was unable to find this within the 360 Box menu?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Press Home, Settings, Parental Controls, you can make certain changes but you can't turn it off completely because it's an Ofcom requirement for control before 9pm.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@rik321 wrote:

Watching this thread. I have the same question on a VM 360 box?

Was unable to find this within the 360 Box menu?

That's because parental controls are set via the VM Hub.

The 360 box should have pin settings to restrict access where required.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

rik321
On our wavelength

Thank you, but I want to turn this protection off? I still don't see how to do so?

roy247
Community elder

Press Home, Settings, Parental Controls, you can make certain changes but you can't turn it off completely because it's an Ofcom requirement for control before 9pm.

@roy247 wrote:

but you can't turn it off completely because it's an Ofcom requirement for control before 9pm.

Hello .@roy247

I’ve seen this answer on different threads on this board; also, on other forums.

However, I can’t accept this answer.  If what you say is correct, then all VM’s customers NOT upgraded to 360, are breaching Ofcom’s requirements.

I’m almost sure my friends on Sky, BT, etc – either don’t have this restriction or can turn it off.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi 45RPM,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

As @roy247 has kindly posted, you are able to switch off parental controls however due to the Ofcom regulation, it would still be present via daytime.

Regards,

Kain