cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I get a 360 mini box

AdyBaby
Joining in

I am thinking of leaving Sky where I have a Sky q box and 2 mini boxes.

My concern is that while sky min boxes are wifi it seems a 360 mini box needs cabling if you want to watch live tv.

However is it possible to use a 360 min box to watch something that started recording , say, ten minutes earlier or does the whole recording need to be completed before it can be viewed on a 360 mini box ?

Thanks in advance

AdyBaby

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AdyBaby, 

Thanks for you post and welcome to our forums 🙂 

I am glad to hear you are interested in our products, our mini boxes ae cabled in and you can access the recording and start watching it only just started.

If you would like to know more about the boxes take a look here

Thanks 🙂 

Zoie 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AdyBaby 

I've moved your post to a new thread 🙂

@AdyBaby wrote:

My concern is that while sky min boxes are wifi it seems a 360 mini box needs cabling if you want to watch live tv.

Indeed so - Virgin Media is a cable TV/broadband platform, and the co-ax cable is how live TV is carried. This does mean that the numerous variables that wireless streaming introduces, are not an issue.

All VM TV boxes need 2 connections.. A co-ax cable for live TV, and an internet connection via your homehub (Ethernet is always recommended, but WiFi is supported) for OnDemand, streaming & various updates.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AdyBaby, 

Thanks for you post and welcome to our forums 🙂 

I am glad to hear you are interested in our products, our mini boxes ae cabled in and you can access the recording and start watching it only just started.

If you would like to know more about the boxes take a look here

Thanks 🙂 

Zoie 

AdyBaby
Joining in

If I start to record a programme on my 360 box, but my mini boxes are not cabled , can I watch the start of the programme I’m recording, on the mini say 10 minutes behind real time via WiFi ?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AdyBaby wrote:

If I start to record a programme on my 360 box, but my mini boxes are not cabled

No VM box will boot up without a working co-ax cable connection.

Virgin Media is a cable TV provider, the co-ax connection is the cable.

You can stream recordings on any compatible mobile device in-home using the TV Go app 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SKY is satellite provider but does not require a dish in the bedroom to run the Q mini box.  Still requiring cable and no option to stream live is a cheap solution.  Does not need to be 4K if run wirelessly.  Would have loved to move to VM but no way am I having coax through to the bedrooms