cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error code m63

Iptkin
Joining in

Virgin 360 box crashed during set up. Have contacted VM on numerous occasions and they have failed to sort issue. Showing error M63 and nobody seems able to fix this. Please help.

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Iptkin 

Have you followed the instructions on the following Help page?

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-error-code/M63 

It's possibly a code mismatch error as the system will be expecting the update to 360 to have been completed and so may need to 2nd level support to update the systems, also possibly a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes. Many times.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Post moved to a new thread..

M63 is a TiVo-platform error code, so I'm presume you've converted a V6 into a 360. M63 is often an account-related error, so I'm going to hazard a guess that the box is still trying to run TiVo-software but your account has been converted to 360, and hence the error code.

If you go into your apps menu, is there an option for "upgrade to 360 now"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Where do I find my apps menu?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

On a TiVo/V6, press Home > scroll to "Apps & Games"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That is one of the problems. None of this works. 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Iptkin

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂 Thank you for making this post regarding the issues you are experiencing with your TV360, I'm sorry to hear it crashed during the set up and that you are unable to access the apps menu. I would like to take a further look into this for you and see what we need to do to get this resolved. I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can 🙂

Best wishes,

Serena

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @lptkin

Thanks for responding to my private message, please do keep us posted on how everything is working for you with your TV box following the engineer visit!

Best wishes,

Serena